Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still not many primers around

+17
jeb405
shoot308
jglenn21
fc60
Jack H
bihammond
Wobbley
Merick
jwax
Drawman623
Pinetree
RodJ
SmokinNJokin
zanemoseley
Coupebuilder
PhotoEscape
djhoran
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Still not many primers around - Page 2 Empty Still not many primers around

Post by djhoran 12/23/2021, 10:50 am

First topic message reminder :

I am still seeing very few primers, of any type, for sale in stores. It hasn't gotten any better in the last year plus. A few online sites get them from time to time but they sell out quickly and are priced 3X of what they were just a year and a half ago. Fortunately, I have enough for a few seasons but I am a rarity in that regard. I shoot a LOT more of the action games these days than bullseye. Shooting falling steel, static steel, PPC, ICORE, USPSA, etc uses ammo at a much higher rate than bullseye. 1000 rounds in a weekend isn't abnormal for these games. I don't know many serious competitors who use factory ammo for these games. Attendance is down at many events due to the ammo/primer shortage. One local club is ceasing their monthly falling steel matches since attendance has dropped from 80 to 15. They may do one or two matches in 2022. The PA Steel League is changing to 1 relay instead of 2 with attendance dropping from 120 guns to around 80 or less.
   I have talked to several people who don't come around anymore because of ammo/primer prices. They say maybe they'll start shooting again when the situation changes. I doubt most will return as they will have found new, less costly interests. The manufacturers better get this issue resolved or the damage to the sport will be severe and long lasting.

djhoran

Back to top Go down

Still not many primers around - Page 2 Empty Re: Still not many primers around

Post by Upper40 1/7/2022, 9:20 pm

After reading this article from a couple months ago..I understand why "gunbroker" has a continuous supply of primers to sell ($$$$$)

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/11/20/why-ammos-plans-more-important-current-performance/?source=eptyholnk0000202&utm_source=yahoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

Upper40

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2