Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aguila Super Extra SV in stock at Brownells

+5
BE Mike
chiz1180
Wobbley
Gary Collette
Dcforman
9 posters

Go down

Aguila Super Extra SV in stock at Brownells Empty Aguila Super Extra SV in stock at Brownells

Post by Dcforman 12/30/2021, 5:56 pm

Not a great price, $5.49 a box, but no limit. I've used this in the past for good practice ammo. Similar dimensions to CCI.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Aguila Super Extra SV in stock at Brownells Empty Re: Aguila Super Extra SV in stock at Brownells

Post by Gary Collette 12/30/2021, 7:37 pm

Super Extra is not how I would decribe this ammo!
Better than nothing is more like it.
I bought it at $179.00 from Target Sports before the plague and thats about what was and is worth.
Bought CCI standard Velocity from CMP for $355/ Delivered in Sept.
I'll wait until 2022 and see what opens up.

G
Gary Collette
Gary Collette

Back to top Go down

Aguila Super Extra SV in stock at Brownells Empty Re: Aguila Super Extra SV in stock at Brownells

Post by Wobbley 12/30/2021, 8:16 pm

They also have some Norma Tac 22…$8.49 and that’s a bit better in quality.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 12/30/2021, 8:54 pm

Bit more snap than some of the more dedicated target stuff but shoots well enough out of my marvel.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 12/31/2021, 9:12 am

Gary Collette wrote:Super Extra is not how I would decribe this ammo!
Better than nothing is more like it.
I bought it at $179.00 from Target Sports before the plague and thats about what was and is worth.
Bought CCI standard Velocity from CMP for $355/ Delivered in Sept.
I'll wait until 2022 and see what opens up.

G
Could you be more specific about your experience with Aguila Super Extra? What gun(s) did you shoot it in? What kinds of 50 yard groups did you get? Did you get malfunctions, if so, what kind?
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 12/31/2021, 9:59 am

I too bought several cases of the super extra a few years back and am glad I did. I also bought a case of pistol match for a little more. The pistol match has a lighter charge than super extra. It will not cycle any of my pistols reliably enough to use in a match. I just use it for practice as I do super extra. Super extra is reliable and just fine for practice at 25yds. More so than the crap CCI is turning out now. I will average at least 6 duds and a bunch of bunny farts per brick of CCI SV. I use Wolf, Eley, SK, and Lapua for matches. Yeah, a little pricey but never had an alibi at matches.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 12/31/2021, 10:04 am

Seen super extra perform  very well in some pistols. If it doesn't shoot for you, try it in your rifles.

Aguila pistol match runs perfectly in my older Marvel conversion and groups better than most. run an 8lb model 41 spring in it.

jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Collette 12/31/2021, 10:11 am

Mike,
I had shot three cases out of my Pardini and a Nelson conversion with no real issues other than needing to clean more often.
The last case that  purchased was a diferent story with light loads almost every fifty rounds or so.
These seemed to shoot on call but I could feel the light recoil and some would not cock the Pardini and all would short stroke
and fail to pick up the next round out of the Mag.
I if ANY ammo is unrelyable it grouping at any range from 50 feel to fifty yards is moot.
I used up that case in practice and used some in slow fire only.
I would change another case at $179 delivered but not at the asking prices of today.
Gary Collette
Gary Collette

BE Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 12/31/2021, 10:14 am

jglenn21 wrote:Seen super extra perform  very well in some pistols. If it doesn't shoot for you, try it in your rifles.

Aguila pistol match runs perfectly in my older Marvel conversion and groups better than most. run an 8lb model 41 spring in it.

I'm not sure what my Nelson came with. I'll see if I can dig up an 8lb spring.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Collette 12/31/2021, 10:15 am

Messenger,
The target shown in my avitar was shot with CCI SV.
I'm one brick into a recent case and my fingers are crossed.
I have had zero issues.
G
Gary Collette
Gary Collette

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 12/31/2021, 10:27 am

Gary Collette wrote:Messenger,
The target shown in my avitar was shot with CCI SV.
I'm one brick into a recent case and my fingers are crossed.
I have had zero issues.
G

The CCI SV I had issues with was the lighter colored blue box, not the dark blue box. I still have a case of the plastic 100 round boxes I bought about 5-6 years ago. Been saving that for when the good stuff is unattainable. I can remember when I got into Bullseye about 12 years ago everyone used CCI SV and nobody had any problems. I love your avitar. I have shot a few 98's & 99's but never cleaned a slow fire target.....sigh.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 12/31/2021, 10:56 am

I’ve seen Super xtra shoot fine (indoors) in Matchgun and Pardini’s. I wouldn’t pay that price though.

Newest CCI From CMP has been faultless in Nelson and Pardini
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hg401 12/31/2021, 12:34 pm

Killoughs has Eley Contact for 4.75/box.  Though this is 42gr bullet.  From what I've read, seems to work well enough for practice (and my 50 ft gallery shooting).  I have a couple of bricks coming; we'll see how it functions.

hg401

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Collette 12/31/2021, 12:44 pm

Messanger,
That was a first for me.
Sadly it was a practice target.
The 50 foot distance is WAY harder in my opinion and my average shows it.
I have never cleaned a slow at 50 feet and have shot much more of that.
When shooting 25 yards indoors I bet my scores go up 8-10 points per 900 match.
Gary Collette
Gary Collette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down