Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springfield range officer questions?????

4 posters

Go down

Springfield range officer questions????? Empty Springfield range officer questions?????

Post by jeffcamis Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:53 pm

I just purchased a s.a. r.o. pistol.  I'd like to use the irons before getting a dot sight.  But i'm working on load development and was wondering what pound spring would work/ be best for a 185 gn swc load of around 4 gns of bullseye???

I'd like to get the least amount of recoil possible with reliability and accuracy as the ultimate goal.
Anyone with suggestions with any experience would be greatly appreciated.  

Should I replace the factory spring with a lighter one and will this pistol function with swc 185 coated bullets????

Thanks,
Jeff

jeffcamis

Back to top Go down

Springfield range officer questions????? Empty Re: Springfield range officer questions?????

Post by John Dervis Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:09 pm

I would try the stock spring first and see if it functions.  My short line load is pretty light at 3.7 BE with a 185 swc and it will function fine in my RRA hardball gun.  Im not sure what spring those come with but it’s heavier than a wad gun would use. I would say to start with developing your load and then make the gun work with it.

Good luck.
John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Springfield range officer questions????? Empty Re: Springfield range officer questions?????

Post by 8at4 Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:08 pm

Your load should run fine with the factory spring. I use a 185 with 4.2 WST with the factory spring in my RO and it runs perfectly. The coated bullets seem to feed smoother 
than a traditional cast bullet, so you shouldn't have any trouble. Those RO's are great guns. It's a shame they quit making them.

Scott

8at4

Back to top Go down

Post by Merick Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:06 pm

SA factory titanium firing pin will intermittent light strike, replace with Ed Brown 826

SA factory slide stop is also not awesome for finish and dimension, consider EGW 11002

Merick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down