Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enlarging Rail slots for Kodiak Base

4 posters

Go down

Enlarging Rail slots for Kodiak Base Empty Enlarging Rail slots for Kodiak Base

Post by jscot111 Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:40 pm

What is the best method for enlarging Weaver rail slots so the Kodiak H1 mount fits. Can it be done with a file and if so, any special kind of file?
Thanks Scott

jscot111

Back to top Go down

Enlarging Rail slots for Kodiak Base Empty Re: Enlarging Rail slots for Kodiak Base

Post by chiz1180 Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:06 pm

It can be done with a file. I prefer to use a safe edge file, only cuts on the parallel surfaces with the perpendicular surface being smooth. I removed material from each side of the slot slowly checking the fit frequently.
chiz1180
chiz1180

kc.crawford.7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Enlarging Rail slots for Kodiak Base Empty Re: Enlarging Rail slots for Kodiak Base

Post by kc.crawford.7 Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:20 am

If you have a local machine shop, they could do it in 10 minutes.  Yes a file will do the job.  Just go slow and check to make sure you're not canting the slot.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxturtle Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:25 am

I have enlarged rail slots with a file.  Masking tape will help keep the file off the bottom of the slot.  I have also added slots to a base to position the rings where I want them, again with a file.
Boxturtle
Boxturtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down