Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Larry 208 mount

2 posters

Go down

Larry 208 mount Empty Larry 208 mount

Post by ermakevin Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:43 pm

ok i might have a stupid question, how do you attach a weight to the front of the larry mount. the weight i have has screws on the side. it will not grab the larry mount.
Attachments
Larry 208 mount Attachment
larry_208_mount.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(45 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
ermakevin
ermakevin

Back to top Go down

Larry 208 mount Empty See the next answer below to answer your question

Post by Bestdentist99 Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:39 am

There is no such thing as a stupid question. It’s only stupid when you don’t ask when you need an answer.
If you look at the Larry’s mount you’ll see two rails (grooves) in the area where the weight attaches. Look at the weight. It has 2 “lips”; these “lips” attach to the underside of the pistol. Same as the weight attaches to the underside of the pistol is how it attaches to the rails on Larry’s frame. It just slides into these grooves. Make sure the weight actually slides into the grooves by looking directly into the front of the mount. At this point the weight will not fall off, but will be loose in the mount and will slide off if you turn the frame.
Now that you slid the weight into the mount you need to (using an appropriate Allen wrench) tighten the two screws which are imbedded into the right side of the mount. Tighten each one slightly, then progressively tighter and tighter until you feel resistance. It is actually quite a bit of resistance that you’ll feel, until the screws don’t turn any more.
The turning of the screws in the mount expands the rails (grooves) which press against the weight “lips” holding it in place. When the screws are appropriately tightened, you hear a “scratching”noise (for a lack of a better word”, then you’ll feel resistance and the weight will stay in place.
Just make sure the lips are fully engaged in the grooves.
If you need additional help PM me your e-mail and or your cell phone number (if it’s a smart phone” and I’ll make a short video and send it to you.
Good luck.
Alex

Last edited by Bestdentist99 on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Bestdentist99

Back to top Go down

Larry 208 mount Empty Re: Larry 208 mount

Post by Bestdentist99 Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:02 am

After writing this long and detailed explanation, I just realised that I described attaching the weight/mount onto the pistol. 
You asked about attaching the weight to the mount.
Same as above, but you tighten the screw imbedded into the weight after attaching it (sliding it) into the mount.

Bestdentist99

Back to top Go down

Post by ermakevin Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:56 am

well thanks bestdentist thanks for the very well articulated answer,
i see now the screws squeeze together the rail to attach it, the screws don't contact the pistol and tighten against it.   
and thanks for getting up early to answer my question.. lol
ermakevin
ermakevin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down