Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russian Red Dot

+3
james r chapman
BE Mike
Froneck
7 posters

Go down

Russian Red Dot Empty Russian Red Dot

Post by Froneck Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:14 pm

I ordered 2 Russian Red Dot sights. I hope I get them but if not I paid with PayPal so I'll get my money back. Not sure how good they are, the estimated delivery is March 21 to April 1 from Belarus. I did get a tracking number so I think I will get them!
 I'll post what I think of them, there was no mention of Night Vision and brightness control is knob not electronic! Looks to have knob windage and elevation adjustment. What impressed me was the mount. Many of the Red Dots I got claim to be Weaver but are not quite right. I had to make special bases for them to fit right. I got a Pilad P1X25 and a PRC 2MOA. BelOMO I'll check them for parallax, intensity adjustment and dot clarity. If they look good I'll mount them and see what they can do!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Russian Red Dot Empty Re: Russian Red Dot

Post by BE Mike Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:56 am

I'm biting my tongue.
BE Mike
BE Mike

spursnguns, jglenn21, mpolans, Plunker, SingleActionAndrew and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:52 pm

Why bite you tongue, spit it out! Most of the scopes are made in China! I did buy a Leupold red dot scope, looks great but I was disappointed! Have about 10 red dot sights that sit on my shelf and I'm still looking for better!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:13 pm

I’m sure “biting my tongue “ has to do with supporting the Russian economy in any way given current affairs!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

BE Mike and Multiracer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:41 pm

Yeah I agree but they are as bad as the Chinese! Politics is forbidden here which is a good thing! So I'll not get into that never ending issue! The old statement made by a Priest as to why they allow bingo, a form of gambling. He's happy to take the devils money to do the Lords work! So I buy a scope from the devil so as not to pay others for junk! I guess it's the same as putting Russian gas in our cars!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:05 pm

Sad to say, but Russian people are not the enemy, enemy is their idiot leader. We know about idiot leaders, right? Unfortunately when you are trying to hurt their economy you are hurting the regular people like you and I. Elites have so much $$$ that they barely care. If you think that this will drive people to uprising you would be correct, except when protesters get arrested they do not have a catch and release. Those who speak the loudest get catch and disappear.

Tripscape

troystaten, DonBrummer, Coupebuilder and Sage like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:03 pm

Frank, I looked up those red dot scopes, I wonder how big the Pilad P1 3 moa dot looks like? I don't know about how well they're sealed, it say application use " not more than 93% humidity at 25C."
 The PRC scope looks like a nice one it's shockproof, waterproof, and nitrogen purged. I like the mounts and it looks like they can be unscrewed and maybe fit a different type on them. They look simple and have dials, let me know how they work, the price is good.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:01 am

They don't have much information on the red dot sights but had quite a bit of photos. I liked the PRC scope but decided to get both because the P1X25 implied it was 25mm. The PRC is 20mm. I'm not concerned about nitrogen purge. I have taken a few scopes apart and didn't purge. Never had a condensate problem but then again I never used a red dot out in the cold. We will see what they are like when I get them, they too might join the collection on my shelf! What will probably happen is they are great but being from Russia I will not be able to buy more! As to which leader is a bigger A-hole I wonder a Bully compared to a Dummy.

Froneck

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:12 am

That said, I bet that P1X25 will be a dandy. I think they're sold thru the satellite country of Belrus.

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:29 am

I ordered it on ebay from Belarus. Did get a tracking number and is supposed to be USPS. I guess it's postage from ebay. I sent a few trigger shoes overseas and was told by USPS that tracking don't work when package is out of the country. I guess I'll get tracking information when package gets to USA. Who knows maybe it will be sent back when it gets here!

Froneck

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by straybrit Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:56 am

Yeah - I get books shipped from overseas and USPS tracking starts when they hit 'Noo Joizy'

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:02 pm

I just got a book from a shop in London yesterday, wasn't supposed to arrive at my mailbox until at least 3/11. I guess that's a good thing, you never know until it gets to USA.
Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:41 am

Today March 23, I still don't have the scopes. Delivery was to be between March 21 and April 6, when checking ebay tracking nothing yet is listed so it's not in the USA yet or maybe in a container that hasn't been unloaded. I guess it also could be in customs waiting to be released so that USPS can track it.
I'll keep the forum posted as to progress. I hope it is a good Red Dot sight!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:22 pm

Today April 2, delivery was to be between March 21 and April 6. Checked tracking provided by ebay and nothing listed!
 Nothing more to post since I don't have the scopes yet!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:12 pm

Frank, keep track of dates. If you bought on Ebay, then you likely paid via CC, which usually have 60 days to file a dispute. I know you can do through eBay as well and believe they also have time limits on disputing non-receipts. Belarus is closed off to European travel, I don't know about parcels, but Europe, US and many other UN countries barred plane travel to Belarus. Planes can still go through Islamic countries and Russia.  However, now Russian planes are barred by many countries as well. I am sure parcels and supplies follow similar path. In short, I suggest you file a dispute soon. Best case you get the shipment and close the dispute. Worst case you recover your funds.

Sadly people keep suffering from current political games.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:35 pm

I paid via PayPal so I can get them involved but I doubt ebay will do anything at this time since delivery was posted as being between March 21 and April 6. I do get a USPS tracking Number on ebay but nothing is listed yet. I know when sending stuff to Europe postal worker told me tracking only works in this country. I did order 2 red dot scopes, they might still be in customs. Next time at the post office I'll ask what they think. I ordered one scope March 1st and the other March 3rd.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:52 am

April 6 and scope not deliverd. April 7, I contacted ebay. Later that day I got a message delivery date was up-dated but no date given, another tracking number was provided. Checked and April 7 it was in Jamaica NY USPS center. Today it's in Pittsburgh, why not Harrisburg I have no idea, all packages I get  are sent to my PO from Harrisburg!
 I guess it will be delivered in a few days! I'll post how they work! One thing I can't determine is why the purchase is no longer listed in my orders list, only information is in messages.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:24 pm

Click to the item through your email winning confirmation. If the item/sale is no longer there, then either the item was removed (even if sold), or the seller was removed.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:26 am

I checked the items are still there. Claimed it was shipped April 7. Another tracking number is listed and tracking is as I previously listed but the items are not in my orders summary as they were before. Item arrived in Pittsburgh at 8:14AM on April 8, checked today Sat. 4/9 and nothing changed.,

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:53 am

Got the Russian Rd Dot scopes today! I'm not sure if I'll like the P1X25. The box is made for more than one type mine has a check mark in the box next to P1X25, there is also boxes for P1X30 and P1X42 so I assume they have larger lens models but I didn't see any on ebay at the time. Intensity is nor rotary knob, has a large easy to push button on the battery cover. Interesting is that today I got some e-mail from Leupold, they have a New Freedom RDS scope with a push button intensity control the same as the Russian! I did call Leupold and found the intensity range of the new push button type is exactly the same as the rotary knob! S I crossed Leupold off my list!
 Tested the dot indoors, seem to have a starburst dot!
 PRC has a better dot, not as much starburst and has rotary intensity knob. Scope is built like a tank Has better weaver base mount than the P1X25, mount is much better that any of the other red dot scopes that don't use rings!
 Depending on the weather tomorrow I'll do some outdoor testing, what to see is any Parallax! Total cost $168.54 with shipping and Tax.for the PRC, I made an offer and it was accepted. I wasn't looking for cheap scope but thought it would have some quality and not price mark-up like most of the others have. It is well built but we will see how good the optics are, the star-bursting might be from my old eyes! I don't care it it's not too bad but if Parallax is large it will be another collecting dust on my shelf!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:43 am

Frank, can you please take a photo of the dot with your phone in the dark room.or against the dark background? That should show the exact shape of the dot.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:11 am

I'll try, Did attempt to do it holding the scope and camera, that's not easy! Numbering system on the PRC is backwards, #1 is brightest and #11 lowest but its not so low that it can't be seen indoors in a well lit room. I have to use 5 clicks in brightness to just make out the red dot in my Aimpoint 9000, First click on the PRC is about the same maybe slightly brighter, Click 2 easily seen and #8 easily seen looking out my window on a bright sunny day.Position 10 is about the same as 7 clicks on the 9000 indoors.
 I looked for the P1x30 on ebay and found the Ballista, it looks quite similar with a price 29.90 with free shipping here in USA. Has to be junk but I just might buy it just for the hell of it to see how much they are the same. Just wondering if I want to throw 31.69 with tax added away.

Last edited by Froneck on Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:23 am

Also try looking at the dot through an iris.  I use an adjustable one to clear up my Ultradots.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:09 am

I tried to get a photo thu the scope to show the Red Dot. I couldn't see the red dot thru the camera lens. Took a few photos but no red dot yet I kept increasing intensity and all were easily seen with my eye.
 Did check Parallax at 50 yards. I measured the distance some time ago to a power pole, small pole that brings power to house next door so it's not as big as those along the road. It's about 8" in diameter. Small piece of white paper attached about 1"ish the remains of a target I stapled to it some time ago. I was totally surprised as to how little parallax it had! Both were about the same, I think the P1X25 was slightly better but both had very little. I'll make some type of targets with known exact different sizes so as to determine exact amount of Parallax at 50 yards.  Dot was better outdoors too! So far I'm pleased with them. Don't like the push button intensity changing system on the P1X25, PRC has rotary knob numbered from Off to 11. Knob is quite stiff to turn but it may get easier as it's used.
 Have to get them mounted on a pistol and see how they work when shooting. As to the lens of both they are very clear and have a slight blueish tint indoors but didn't notice it outdoors. I'll do more testing as I didn't have much time yesterday. PRC has knurled knobs for sight adjustment with clicks and a screw to lock the adjustment. P1X25 has screw driver slot covered with a cap, click adjustments but a bit stiff. Adjustment screw is 5/16" in diameter, slot is slightly wider than 1/16". Neither scope has any graduations on adjustment only clicks.
 So far I'm giving them a thumbs up but more testing to follow! They are a bit heavy but they are built like a brick sh*t house and that what attracted them to me. I'll put them on a scale and post the weight. I'll take a Weaver base and see how well they fit, what I see is a lot better than other red dots that don't use rings! I have quite a few of the top names that are not correct!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down