Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Pardini the SPBE or SPNew

4 posters

Go down

Which Pardini the SPBE or SPNew Empty Which Pardini the SPBE or SPNew

Post by BruceV Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:48 pm

I bought my Pardini back in December and ended up with the SPNew. The pistol is as good as everyone says they are.  

When deciding on which one, originally I was going with the BE.  But once I was informed about the differences I thought it made sense to go with the New.

I'm left handed the palm wing is not available for left handed shooters.  I could not wrap my head around the picatinny rail way up near the muzzle, I have my Ultradot way back with the ocular end past the rear sight blade, I use one Pardini scope ring, has not moved after 5,000 rounds.

The deal about the bolt weighing more for better accuracy on the long line was the only consideration that may be of value, the BE bolt weighs 20 grams more than the New bolt.

I got to thinking I think the BE came out in 2017, up to then every other Pardini was like the New, yes I know they have made changes to the weights, don't have the rear buffer anymore, and other changes but mostly the same. So every Pardini shooter until then had the lighter bolt and I had not read anyone saying it was not accurate on the long line.

Now a friend is interested in purchasing a Pardini and he sees mine(SPNew) and the 4 other Pardini shooters at our club all have the BE.  Not one uses the picatinny rail, he is right handed so he would get the wing palm rest.

He values my opinion but, which is all it is, my opinion, I'm out numbered, he sees BE Pardini's all the time.

So for you Pardini shooters can you give me more information if there is any, as to why the BE pistol over the New?

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Which Pardini the SPBE or SPNew Empty Re: Which Pardini the SPBE or SPNew

Post by James Hensler Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:08 pm

I would move this to the Equipment section
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:14 pm

I can’t say my BE is better than a SP new. I will say I’m also left handed and I have for now a Rink grip with the palm swell and it fits like a glove after I modified it for my hand. I also shoot the 32ACP and in 6 inch it out shoots a 5 inch and people are going argue and I say let’s meet up and put some money on it
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:33 am

If you want to run a .32acp or a .32swl conversion, IIRC, only the SP Bullseye would accept the conversion kit.

I used to have an SP New, a pre-Picatinny rail SP Bullseye, and an HP in 32acp. The slots in the frame that the bolts "ears" rode in were narrower on the SP New and wouldn't allow my .32acp bolt to fit.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by J_H Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:56 am

I am using SPNew for .22 and .32ACP and have scopes for both mounted on the front rail.  

Works great and also allows easy changing of barrels; i.e., dot, caliber, irons.

J_H

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceV Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:09 am

J_H wrote:I am using SPNew for .22 and .32ACP and have scopes for both mounted on the front rail.  

Works great and also allows easy changing of barrels; i.e., dot, caliber, irons.
I don't know exactly when I think (2017 or 2018) the HP and SP either the BE or the New will accept the conversion.

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:33 am

Mine is a 2018 and it’s a combo
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceV Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:07 pm

I have the 5 inch barrel, would like to try a 6 inch, no one at my club has a 6.  I don't have an issue with the gun feeling muzzle heavy, not sure if the 6 inch would make a noticeable difference.

As I said in my first post I have my Ultradot back pretty far so the ocular end is past the rear sight blade, I think this really helps the balance of the gun.

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down