Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1911 w/ Bomar Extended Sight rib AND Compensator???

2 posters

Go down

1911 w/ Bomar Extended Sight rib AND Compensator??? Empty 1911 w/ Bomar Extended Sight rib AND Compensator???

Post by MuayThaiJJ 4/12/2022, 12:22 pm

I came across a slide that can accept a Bomar sight rib, and I happen to have a compensated barrel laying around.

Will this combination work to give me a longer side picture? I tried finding pictures of an extended sight rib with a compensated barrel and couldn’t find one.

I’m wondering if the gases would damage the front sight extension? I’ve seen the extended barrel sticking out and I’ve also seen the sight rib sticking past the muzzle so it does get some blow back but seems to be fine.

Thanks!
Nick

Last edited by MuayThaiJJ on 4/12/2022, 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
MuayThaiJJ
MuayThaiJJ

https://www.youtube.com/@NickShootsStuff

Back to top Go down

1911 w/ Bomar Extended Sight rib AND Compensator??? Empty Re: 1911 w/ Bomar Extended Sight rib AND Compensator???

Post by Jon Eulette 4/12/2022, 12:34 pm

Why don’t you have compensator dovetailed for a front sight? It was common back in the day. I’ve seen on front and rear of the comp.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

sayracin likes this post

Back to top Go down

1911 w/ Bomar Extended Sight rib AND Compensator??? Empty Re: 1911 w/ Bomar Extended Sight rib AND Compensator???

Post by MuayThaiJJ 4/12/2022, 12:45 pm

The comp doesn't have one
MuayThaiJJ
MuayThaiJJ

https://www.youtube.com/@NickShootsStuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 4/12/2022, 3:10 pm

Machine (dovetail inline with barrel) a dovetail into the comp for a front sight. You gain more sight radius and it will look better.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down