Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Precision Pistol - Revolver

+3
CR10X
Danehogle
Allgoodhits
7 posters

Go down

Precision Pistol - Revolver Empty Precision Pistol - Revolver

Post by Allgoodhits Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:20 am

Apparently DR has been rebranded as PP Revolver.

Yesterday I received a package from NRA with my "DR" Badge number 289 dated April 11, 2022. The NRA website indicates this was earned October 2021.

The certificate states Precision Pistol Revolver. #289

Hopefully yours will arrive soon.

Martin Johnson
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Precision Pistol - Revolver Empty Re: Precision Pistol - Revolver

Post by Danehogle Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:39 am

Why…. Just why would you arbitrarily just change the name? 
It really looks like someone with no knowledge of the sport wants to make more of a mess with the competitors. 
DR had meaning. PPR sounds like a bathroom break. Way to go NRA.
Danehogle
Danehogle

orpheoet and adminbot1911 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:23 pm

I, for one, think it might be a good change. 

NRA now has Precision Pistol competitions (not Bullseye, Conventional, etc.). So why not rename the Revolver badge to be consistent with the NRA program it falls under.  In addition, I think it reduces the confusion with the CMP badges (Distinguished Pistol, Distinguished .22, etc.).

So just maybe the uninitiated will have less opportunity to misunderstand who runs each program and which rule book to use.  

In addition, almost anything can be fodder for complaining and we wouldn't want to take that away from anyone either.  I've noticed that sometimes things get worse when things are changed; but not one single thing has ever gotten better by doing nothing.  

(And yes, I sometimes complain a lot about changes. But I keep some salt around for when I have to eat my words. And life has taught me to never say "I told you so.")

CR. 
DR #9

Last edited by CR10X on Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:53 pm

CR10X wrote:I, for one, think it might be a good change.  

So good or bad, historically I have never seen such debate as their has been to DR (or I guess PP Revolver) in regards to any change, specifically thinking ammo rules. From my perspective the biggest issue with this change is that the NRA didn't make a clear announcement making the change. Realistically the NRA has really dropped the ball in communicating with competitors. From my personal experience, the only time I have been able to have communications with the NRA regarding any competition related questions is by reaching out directly to Ted Carter. Rather than getting any feed back from Competitions. A simple announcement stating the change was happening would go a long way that to just change it out of the blue.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:51 pm

Three things:

1) I never saw the previous certificate. Did they actually say DISTINGUISHED REVOLVER? It was always known as DR to me. If I saw DR on a match announcement, I knew what it was. Now if the simple words Precision Pistol Revolver Match is offered, unless clear otherwise is this a DR or is it a Precision Pistol match which requires revolvers? I know of two revolver only aggregate matches held near me. 

2) I never saw the previous badge either. Mine has crossed revolvers over a target and DISTNGUISHED at bottom and REVOLVER across top. (Upper right in picture)

3) The NRA has been struggling in recent years. Way understaffed, and many likely new people. It appears they are trying to "catch up and clean up". We will see.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:09 pm

There may be an “intellectual property” issue in play.  “Distinguished” has been associated with the DCM/NBPRP/CMP for almost as long these organizations have been around.  To have the another organization use the name and match format, may border on a trademark issue.  Couple that with the somewhat messy divorce the CMP and NRA had over the National Championships, well….
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:41 pm

Mine looks very plain and basic... 

Precision Pistol - Revolver 78e71810
Tim:H11

Allgoodhits likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:42 pm

New look apparently.Precision Pistol - Revolver 20220410
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

adminbot1911 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:52 pm

Oh! I understand what the name issue is.. I think. The sport is called “NRA Precision Pistol”. So your certificate is stating that in the discipline of “NRA Precision Pistol”  - specifically revolver, you are distinguished. It hasn’t been renamed, it’s just how they define it on the certificate. So the certificate has a new format it seems like.. at least that’s the way it seems to me, that’s my take on it.

Allgoodhits and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:30 am

Allgoodhits wrote:Apparently DR has been rebranded as PP Revolver.

Yesterday I received a package from NRA with my "DR" Badge number 289 dated April 11, 2022. The NRA website indicates this was earned October 2021.

Martin Johnson

Whatever they call it, this is quite the accomplishment. Congratulations, Martin.  cheers

-Brian
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:50 pm

sbtzc wrote:
Allgoodhits wrote:Apparently DR has been rebranded as PP Revolver.

Martin Johnson

Whatever they call it, this is quite the accomplishment. Congratulations, Martin.  cheers

-Brian
Thank you Brian
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down