Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistol box on a motorcycle?

+2
chiz1180
Hammbone
6 posters

Go down

Pistol box on a motorcycle?  Empty Pistol box on a motorcycle?

Post by Hammbone 4/18/2022, 6:38 pm

Is anyone here a shooter and a motorcyclist?

Does anyone attach their pistol box to their motorcycle? 

I'm trying to figure out how go about doing this on my sport touring bike. Moreso, I'm trying to figure how to have a normal top case and be able to remove it and replace with my pistol box.

I'm interested in hearing ideas and seeing pics.

Thanks,
Hammbone

Hammbone

Back to top Go down

Pistol box on a motorcycle?  Empty Re: Pistol box on a motorcycle?

Post by chiz1180 4/18/2022, 7:08 pm

A good friend has a sidecar on a bike works perfect for a gun box and related shenanigans. Not particularly relevant to a sport touring bike though
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim 4/18/2022, 7:23 pm

I have a Harley Freewheeler and have strapped it to my trunk lid luggage rack. You would have to secure it well . I cut foam pieces to put around the stuff inside the box to keep things from bouncing around.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 4/18/2022, 9:10 pm

i have a KLE 650 Givi 35 liter panniers that I used for traveling matches.
A 12" tool bag for each gun & it's mags in each side case.
Another bag with ammo & field glasses + ppe & misc crap I can't do without bungee corded to the pillion seat.
It's usually about a hundred mile circuit from home to work, match, food, & back home'
Been doing that for about a decade with no problems.
I do run a nylon strap thru the case handles & over the seat for added security.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Hammbone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 4/18/2022, 9:42 pm

Search online for the GiVi site - I recall that they used to sell QD top boxes - buy one rack and two boxes - convert one box into a Bullseye box, easy - look for Jason's thread about converting a Pelican case. Side panniers are very capacious and could hold a range bag, brass net or whatever else you need.

Another, possibly cheaper, solution, go look in Lowe's (for Craftsman brand) or possibly Home Depot for other brands and look for the currently very popular stackable tool boxes and totes that lock together (I think that Bosch started this craze, but they are very expensive). I have seen a "plate" that can be screwed down to a dolly or whatever and the boxes then snap on. Bolt the plate to your bike rack and off you go.

But, as mentioned above, please add some bungee cords or tight strap for security - guns don't like bouncing along the blacktop Evil or Very Mad

RoyDean

Hammbone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LCWELL 5/12/2022, 7:36 pm

What you are trying to do I have done, and it was good. Scooter to the pistol match, in beautiful western North Carolina no less, then a little BRP and some fun downhill on the way home.

Sorry I can’t be of more help though.

I had been researching a way to carry all the shooting stuff for a while. A big concern was what the setup would look like in the parking lot if I wanted to go indoors for “rest” or food. Before I came up with a solution we picked up a Craigslist Bushtec Turbo with other pursuits in mind. It worked well for riding to shoot too.

Pistol box on a motorcycle?  51262788875_23f675da18_b

Pistol box on a motorcycle?  52069933805_f794782914_b

LCWELL

adminbot1911 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down