Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon.

+12
willnewton
USSR
DA/SA
ric1911a1
RoyDean
john bickar
zanemoseley
rkittine
BE Mike
jwax
fc60
mikemyers
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon. Empty New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon.

Post by mikemyers 4/29/2022, 6:41 pm

I had a long discussion with Curtis Shipley at Georgia Arms earlier today.  They are currently manufacturing wadcutter ammo specifically for the S&W Model 52.  They were able to obtain a large quantity of small pistol primers, making this possible, with a lot more on the way.  George shoots this ammo in his own Model 52.  He told me the new ammo would be similar to the Federal wadcutters we were all able to shoot what now feels like a lifetime ago.

I told Curtis I would post this information here in the Bullseye forum.  

I can't find the information yet on their website www.georgia-arms.com   .....from what Curtis told me, manufacturing is now in process.  He told me he would provide all the information to the person who handles incoming calls, Dee, so hopefully early this coming week we will all be able to place orders.  The direct phone line is 770-459-5117.

This came about because a friend of mine strongly recommended my trying the regular ammo made by Georgia Arms for revolvers.  One thing led to another, and I ended up talking to Curtis.  

I hope you all find this information useful.

New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon. Logo-ga-arms_1482418585__49981.original
mikemyers
mikemyers

valbern67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon. Empty Re: New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon.

Post by fc60 4/29/2022, 7:19 pm

Greetings,

I look forward to Random Rest test targets at 50 yards!!!

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

BE Mike, orpheoet and valbern67 like this post

Back to top Go down

New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon. Empty Re: New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon.

Post by jwax 5/2/2022, 11:06 am

Thanks Mike!
This morning, Dee tells me to check back later next week to see the status of .38SPL HBWC availability.
They have .38SPL SWC in stock now.
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 5/2/2022, 11:12 am

(You're welcome!)    ......I have a can of the SWC being delivered tomorrow.

Curtis is the person who knows all the behind-the-scenes details on the ammo.  Dee answers the phones, and Curtis was going to bring her up to date on the HBWC.  I want to mostly load my own HBWC but I want to try some of their ammo too.  MagTech told me they might not have more ammo for a long time.  They used to be my favorite.

Hopefully someone qualified to do so can test out the Georgia Arms ammo, and give us some feedback.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 5/2/2022, 8:03 pm

Here is a link to the page:

https://www.georgia-arms.com/38-special-148gr-lead-wadcutter-new/

Oh, and my order for semi-wad-cutters arrived today, ahead of schedule.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 5/3/2022, 8:10 am

It would be interesting to see a machine rest test at 50 yards. That would be from a model 52, comparing Georgia Arms and the long standing top .38 SPL wadcutter ammo from Zero and Precision Delta.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine 5/4/2022, 11:42 am

I want to find out if they will ship to a New York Resident. I do get ammo from other vendors like TargetSportsUSA, shipped direct as the Safe Act Ammo restriction has been on hold now for three years.
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine 5/4/2022, 11:48 am

I just talked to Dee. They will NOT ship direct to a New York State resident.
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax 5/7/2022, 6:45 am

My FFL will receive it for $10 handling fee. That's for one box or a dozen cases.
SAFE ACT SUCKS.
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine 5/7/2022, 7:31 am

I have an FFL who will receive it too, but most of the time the vendor wants to Sell to the FFL holder meaning an account has to be set up and then transfer of funds etc. I will do that if necessary but the Ban on mail order Ammo sales to NY residents (except in New York City) was suspended at least three years ago and many suppliers currently ship to my home directly.

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax 5/12/2022, 7:53 pm

Well Bob,

Georgia Arms just asked for, and received contact info for my FFL, and shipped to them promptly.

TargetSportsUSA is the only distributor I know of that ships ammo directly to NY homes. Do you know of others?
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 5/12/2022, 9:09 pm

You guys should move to America 😆😆

zanemoseley

8eightring likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 5/12/2022, 9:24 pm

zanemoseley wrote:You guys should move to America 😆😆
Hey now! I'm pretty happy living just west of the United States, thank you very much 😉

This ammo is relevant to my interests. If anyone gets any and has a range session, please report back.
john bickar
john bickar

troystaten likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 5/12/2022, 9:39 pm

Ah! The "United" States of America! I'm very grateful that they let me visit and own firearms when I am here, but I must say that I find the incredibly complicated and confusing situation re' gun/ammo laws across the various states to be quite preposterous (an old English term for "total BS"!).

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by ric1911a1 5/13/2022, 10:32 am

jwax wrote:Well Bob,

Georgia Arms just asked for, and received contact info for my FFL, and shipped to them promptly.

TargetSportsUSA is the only distributor I know of that ships ammo directly to NY homes. Do you know of others?
Outdoor Limited and Precision Reloading will ship ammunition directly to those of us in the People's Democratic Republic of NY..............

Ric
ric1911a1
ric1911a1

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine 5/13/2022, 2:26 pm

Please a number of ithers that I get ammo from directly. I will not list their names without their permission though.
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 5/13/2022, 2:32 pm

So, did they stop making this and now plan to start again?

I had a few bags that someone gave me a couple years ago. I looked this morning to see if I still had a bag left, but couldn't find any.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine 2/1/2023, 10:53 am

Looks like since the new New York State law enacted in September, no one will send ammo directly to a New York State Resident, though I have and FFL that will accept shipments for me and I have had ammo sent to a friend in New Jersey that will hold it for me to pick up. (4 miles from my Manhattan apartment.
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 2/1/2023, 2:37 pm

For those who don't reload, this looks like a good source for .38 SPL 148 gr. HBWC ammo. I didn't get to post the link, but Precision Delta has remanufactured .38 SPL, 148 gr. HBWC ammo for sale. They have had a very good reputation with PPC shooters for quite a number of years.

Last edited by BE Mike on 2/3/2023, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by USSR 2/1/2023, 7:35 pm

BE Mike wrote:For those who don't reload, this looks like a good source for .38 SPL 148 gr. HBWC ammo.

For those who don't reload and live in NY, I am an NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor and offer courses to get you up and running.

Don
USSR
USSR

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 2/3/2023, 3:14 pm

I have deleted Joe Morgan’s post.  I don’t care what you have to say, you don’t get to personally attack other members of this forum.  The people he attacked made no problematic posts in this thread.  His “informative” post was the one so low-quality it was deleted.

You don’t like a post?  Move on or report it to an admin if it is that bad and we will deal with it.

You don’t like that?  Then leave the forum.  You will not be missed.

If it is not the scammers, it is the grown men on this forum acting like kindergartners lately.  The admins are kinda sick of it.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 2/3/2023, 8:47 pm

Joe Morgan has been banned.

Starting new drama right after we made it clear to let the admin team handle any beefs isn't going to end well.

Use the "contact" button at the bottom. Let us handle it.
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 2/4/2023, 11:51 am

I just got my order from Georgia Arms. They came in sealed plastic bags. What's with that? 

New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon. Img_2510
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 2/4/2023, 12:58 pm

Greetings,

I suspect it is cost savings.

Fancy boxes and foam/plastic inserts are not cheap.

A more important concern, does the ammo shoot X-Ring at 50 yards? (ten shots, please)

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

BE Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 2/4/2023, 1:13 pm

messenger wrote:I just got my order from Georgia Arms. They came in sealed plastic bags. What's with that? 
Always been that way as far as I know!

New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon. ERtC8S4h
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next