Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11mm Dovetail Adapter.

4 posters

Go down

11mm Dovetail Adapter.  Empty 11mm Dovetail Adapter.

Post by rich.tullo 5/25/2022, 10:00 pm

So for my new Xesse SF , the Larry's mount does not fit, not the end of the world because I am not a fan. 

I bought the Hammerli Pic Rail which is pricey but has to be removed to clean so it is kind of pointless. 

I am waiting for the nifty aimpoint mount but that is going to take a while. 

I bought a $11 ring adapter on amazon that looks promising it is a cleaver design and I think it is going work. 

Does anyone have experience with these?

Does anyone have experience with the Harken Sphur 11mm aimpoint dove tail base, that looks good but it is pricey?
Attachments
11mm Dovetail Adapter.  Attachment
dovetail.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 5 times
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

11mm Dovetail Adapter.  Empty Re: 11mm Dovetail Adapter.

Post by RoyDean 5/25/2022, 10:33 pm

I was looking for custom mounts for a couple of unusual projects recently - a fellow club member (but he is not commercial and so I cannot mention his name) did the clever trick of 3D printing a mount in plastic to confirm the exact dimensions - then used his CAD mill to produce a metal mount - perfect job.

No doubt there are folks who can do this commercially - probably not cheap  - cause time is money!

Just a suggestion.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 5/26/2022, 7:54 pm

Besides the famous 11mm cantilever mount with the Aimpoint micro footprint, you have the regular 11mm scope rings. Seen a picture here of a aimpoint 9000sc wearing two of these 30mm rings on the front tube, it barely cleared the rear sight. Then you have the 11mm to picatinny rail clamp on rails, Hawke or Sun Optics, these add some height and weight. It does suck that whatever is mounted will need to be removed and rezeroed when the slide is removed. ☹

Currently exploring the idea of a combination sight rail, picatinny and 10m type adjustable rear.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by TicTocer 5/27/2022, 12:18 am

I bought the Aimpoint 11mm mount. It fits the Primary Arms microdot . I could not get past the looks of the LGI and Champions Choice mounts.
The guns have the 11mm rail. Might as well use it.
I use a reference for positioning after removal. The cleaning process has not required a rezero. But if it did, that would take a few minutes.

TicTocer

Back to top Go down

11mm Dovetail Adapter.  Empty Low mount

Post by TicTocer 5/27/2022, 12:20 am

Clean

TicTocer

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 5/27/2022, 9:21 am

TicTocer wrote:  I bought the Aimpoint 11mm mount. It fits the Primary Arms microdot . I could not get past the looks of the LGI and Champions Choice mounts.
 The guns have the 11mm rail. Might as well use it.
 I use a reference for positioning after removal. The cleaning process has not required a rezero. But if it did, that would take a few minutes.
Good to know, that is my backup to my backup plan.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 5/29/2022, 6:01 pm

So far after 2 outings it held zero. I cleaned the gun today, I think it is going to work out fine.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down