Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You might laugh

+5
Wobbley
RodJ
John Dervis
james r chapman
Tim:H11
9 posters

Go down

You might laugh  Empty You might laugh

Post by Tim:H11 6/10/2022, 7:38 am

Funny story I thought I’d share,

I found a holster I wanted on eBay. I watched the auction intently throughout the last five minutes. Within the last 60 seconds, I made my move. I intended to place my max bid, the most amount I was willing to pay for this holster. I decided before hand that $83.50 would be a high enough and random number over the $80 mark. I didn’t think the holster would go as much as $80 but I was just being careful. I typed in 8 3 5 0 and hit the bid now button. I didn’t think that eBay did not account for a decimal point. I needed to enter that myself and I did not do that. So, my max bid was set to $8,350.00!!! Immediately I thought oh no! But then I also realized, no matter what this holster sells for, I’ve won it. So all that was left was praying that nobody bid it too stupidly high. And luckily I won it for just over $50 😂 enjoy your weekend everyone

SteveT, Milenfive, spursnguns, x90rider, Pinetree, SonOfAGun, lakemurrayman and like this post

Back to top Go down

You might laugh  Empty Re: You might laugh

Post by james r chapman 6/10/2022, 7:53 am

You never told us you need holsters!

We have many holsters!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 6/10/2022, 8:06 am

james r chapman wrote:You never told us you need holsters!

We have many holsters!

Well I found a very specific holster for a competitive purpose. But since you mentioned it, I’m also in search for a holster that fits a 4” N Frame 45 ACP. Something along the competitive nature. The gun is a 625 JM.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis 6/10/2022, 9:18 am

You are right I would laugh but only because it wasn't me.  My dumb luck I would be paying way more than retail for that holster.  Glad you got it for a reasonable cost.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 6/10/2022, 1:02 pm

That would cause me to vomit. But then there’s the time years back when I woke up to an email from gun(I’m)broker(than I was before) saying I was the highest bidder… you can fill in the blank as to how many I’d had the night before. 😳

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 6/10/2022, 2:19 pm

lol!   The fun of EBay.  That one reason I quit playing….
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfAGun 6/10/2022, 3:37 pm

I have done the same thing. In my case it was due to placing a bid on the phone app while riding through traffic in a taxi as I was headed to the airport ALMOST late for a flight.

Luckily you and I weren't bidding on the same item at the same time- we both would have been very surprised.
SonOfAGun
SonOfAGun

Tim:H11 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 6/10/2022, 6:48 pm

Hey, if you are in the market for an $8,300 holster, it's your lucky day, GI. Rainy day special just for you; don't tell your friends.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 6/10/2022, 7:38 pm

On at least three separate occasions I have had "over-bid" remorse on GunBroker and have been really sweating the last couple of hours or even minutes waiting for some kind soul to out-bid me. So far I have been very lucky!

Note to self - do not touch the phone or computer after 8pm - especially if you had a drink with dinner - do not touch - DO NOT press "buy"!

RoyDean

RodJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 6/10/2022, 8:25 pm

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG 6/14/2022, 7:58 pm

john bickar wrote:Hey, if you are in the market for an $8,300 holster, it's your lucky day, GI. Rainy day special just for you; don't tell your friends.

Does that include 'love you long time'?

Oh, wait, $8300 for a holster definitely includes that, only not in the way you might have been hoping.

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down