Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NJ Bullseye Matches?

4 posters

Go down

NJ Bullseye Matches? Empty NJ Bullseye Matches?

Post by Gonzocm89 Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:08 am

So there is a big chance that I will have to go to NJ on a temporary work assignment that could last a few months.

Was hoping I could spend my weekends shooting matches. Going to be in the Lakehurst area.

Yes I know their laws suck. Yes it gives me anxiety. From what I can tell keep the pistol box locked and in the cargo space (SUV) and the ammo somehow separated. Their website keeps talking about “In the trunk” I have no trunk…

Gonzocm89

Back to top Go down

NJ Bullseye Matches? Empty Re: NJ Bullseye Matches?

Post by mspingeld Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:26 am

If not in the trunk, then it needs to be in a locked container, inaccessible to the driver and separate from ammo.

https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/firearms-faqs.shtml

The question is, can you have guns in NJ? A resident can have permitted guns in their home and can travel with them to and from the range or a match. You won't be a resident and, therefore, I presume, can't get permits. A non-resident can travel into the state with guns when going to a legal destination i.e. a match.

Perhaps contact the state association, anjrpc. They may be able to guide you better.

There are plenty of matches. Check out njpistol.com

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzocm89 Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:32 am

mspingeld wrote:If not in the trunk, then it needs to be in a locked container, inaccessible to the driver and separate from ammo.

The question is, can you have guns in NJ? A resident can have permitted guns in their home and can travel with them to and from the range or a match. You won't be a resident and, therefore, I presume, can't get permits. A non-resident can travel into the state with guns when going to a legal destination i.e. a match.

Perhaps contact the state association, anjrpc. They may be able to guide you better.

There are plenty of matches. Check out njpistol.com
This is what I am wondering myself, hence the anxiety. I will see if I can get in contact with a club of some sort that may have some answers.

Gonzocm89

Back to top Go down

Post by Zippy Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:32 am

How do you transport firearms?
Firearms shall be carried unloaded and contained in a closed and fastened case, gunbox, securely tied package, or locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported.  If the vehicle does not have a compartment separate from the passenger compartment, the firearm and or ammunition shall be in a locked container other than the vehicle's glove compartment or center console and kept farthest from the driver.
As a precaution, ammunition shall be transported in a separate container and locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported.  Ammunition magazines may remain loaded during transportation and shall be carried separate from the firearm

That said, this does not cover possession from out of state, there is a FAQ about travel through the state. 

Zippy

Arthur and Gonzocm89 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzocm89 Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:34 am

Thanks Zippy that’s the exact website I got my information from.

Seems they only cover the expected conditions of travel for the firearms but not the traveler.

Gonzocm89

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve K Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:39 pm

I moved out of NJ 21 years ago, but for many years I shot BE at the Monmouth County R&P Club. It was a great club with great people. It is not too far from Lakehurst.

Steve K

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down