Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slide mount Optics rail.

5 posters

Go down

Slide mount Optics rail. Empty Slide mount Optics rail.

Post by bmize1 6/27/2022, 9:34 pm

Who makes the thinnest/lowest slide mount rail.

The thinnest I have now is a RRA alloy. 
I don’t have a Clark, but from searching photos, the RRA looks thinner.

Next question…..
Is the one piece mount with rings that Fred Totts makes much lower than the RRA rail with the lowest rings available?

Thanks for any info you can give.

bmize1

Back to top Go down

Slide mount Optics rail. Empty Re: Slide mount Optics rail.

Post by Jon Eulette 6/27/2022, 9:43 pm

Kodiak 9000 base is the lowest 30mm mount.
$225 for rail
Jon

Slide mount Optics rail. F3681210
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC 6/28/2022, 8:28 am

How much extractor/ejector tuning is required to use such a low mount?  I have a Clark rail with low (0.9") rings for my Matchdot.  I put 1/8" neoprene foam on the bottom of the scope to mitigate some of the damage from brass ejection as it is.  Is there more risk of ejection failure/hangup creating alibis?

Slide mount Optics rail. 20220521
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 6/28/2022, 8:47 am

NukeMMC wrote:.  I put 1/8" neoprene foam on the bottom of the scope to mitigate some of the damage from brass ejection as it is.  Is there more risk of ejection failure/hangup creating alibis?

I have been battling that issue for a while now as the bottom of my Matchdot II was getting pretty beat up and I was getting ejected cases hung up. 

I worked on the ejector nose a bit and went to what I would consider stupid high extractor tension, and cases now eject perfectly horizontal. I blackened the bottom of the Matchdot and the inner lower edge of the ejection port with a Sharpie and there are now no case marks on either surface, so the case is no longer ricocheting around in there while trying to escape.

Prior to that, I was basically setting the extractor tension to the recommended degree of holding a complete round without falling out and needing a light shake to dislodge it. I also went to a EGW heavy extractor, which may or may not have been needed.

I learned a lot about ejectors and extractors in the process of getting this thing to do what I wanted it to do!

YMMV
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 6/29/2022, 7:26 am

One of the biggest things is to make sure your ejection port is LOW.  I cut them to .375-.400 when I build a new gun or lower a port on an existing pistol.  That ensures the brass has virtually nothing to hit on its way out of the gun.  Extractor tension, and proper length of ejector also play into the equation.  But the lower port is the key.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down