Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ammo for Pardini SP

+9
Toz35m
messenger
RoyDean
SingleActionAndrew
Jwhelan939
CrankyThunder
james r chapman
jimsteele
hengehold
13 posters

Go down

Ammo for Pardini SP  Empty Ammo for Pardini SP

Post by hengehold Tue 19 Jul 2022, 8:34 am

This has probably been discussed before but may be worth asking again. Is there a consensus on what ammo to use in the Pardini SP to maximize reliability and accuracy? 

I see there is “pistol” ammo offered by match ammo manufacturers (Lapua, S&K, Eley, etc). Do these pistol specific products perform better in any way in the Pardini? 

I have read that CCI Standard Velocity is a great choice to use in the SW-41. Is it also a great choice for the Pardini? 

Thanks in advance. 

-Trevor

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Ammo for Pardini SP  Empty Re: Ammo for Pardini SP

Post by jimsteele Tue 19 Jul 2022, 9:20 am

CCI might work well in your Pardini, but it does not work in mine. A new SP Bullseye model. The longish CCI cartriges often jam in my magazines. ( All 4 of them).

However, I shoot with several people that use CCI SV successfully. So it depends on your particular pistol.

SK+ works very well in my pistol, and probably yours too.

jimsteele

Gene Hedberg likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Tue 19 Jul 2022, 10:26 am

SK has the consistently shortest rounds.
CCI probably the longest.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Gene Hedberg likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Tue 19 Jul 2022, 10:39 am

Good Morning Henge:

I have a 2013 SP Bullseye edition with 12 magazines that uses CCI SV without any problems.  One of my teammates just purchased a 2022 SP and the magazines that came with his do not cycle CCI SV, they get jammed.  

My magazines work in his pistol, his magazines jam in my pistol with CCI SV.

Upon inspecting the magazines, my magazines have a dimension of 1.04 to 1.05 inches available for overall cartridge length at the top of the magazine.  the new magazines have a dimension of 1.01 to 1.02 inches.  (it is a bit difficult to measure with a pair of calipers).  

Upon realizing this, my teammate got a set of jewelers files and carefully worked on the back of the magazine, enlarging the available space for the cartridge overall length.  he also carefully used a dremmel with a fine stone a bit farther down inside the magazine where the constriction begins.  Polished it up with a dremel felt and valve lapping compound.  Now his magazines cycle CCI SV reliably.  

Give it a try on one of your magazines.  For what it is worth, his still cycles European ammo as well. 

Regards, 
Crankster

Last edited by CrankyThunder on Tue 19 Jul 2022, 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspellings added to verify authorship by engineer)
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Jwhelan939 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Tue 19 Jul 2022, 1:07 pm

I practice with cci in my Pardini. Have never had any issues. I shot a case of eley club through her with only 1ftf. I am currently halfway through a case of Eley Bullseye Pistol X. The accuracy is not as good as club. My average is down about 1% and I have had about two ftf per brick. Would not hesitate to pick up another case of club.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Tue 19 Jul 2022, 5:02 pm

Haven't had failure to feed, fire or extract with any of the Lapuas, SK Pistol match, SK flat nose match, or Eley Club. The Eley club has significantly more recoil than SK Pistol match. SP22BE with irons
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Tue 19 Jul 2022, 5:28 pm

On about my 3rd case of Eley Bullseye Pistol X. AFAIK only about about two duds that went bang on second try - I have had two or maximum three deformed rounds, but they came up at about same time - possibly down to me.

IMHO, very accurate, very reliable, very clean, suits my 2020 model SP22 perfectly.

I also recently finished my second case of CMP Eley bulk ammo which I was using only for practise. Also quite reliable, very few duds, etc., not quite as accurate as the BPX. I would love to get some more of that for practise.

Before the CMP Eley I practised with Aguila Super Extra, went through about 2 cases. Maybe one defect per brick, not quite as accurate as the Eley with the occasional flyer spoiling SF groups, a bit sharper, but that helps to cycle other guns that struggle with (for example) Eley Target or other softer ammo.

Recent production CCI SV was not reliable in my gun and messier than BPX, sold it on.

Aguila Pistol Match is softer (like Eley Target Yellow Box) and was not reliable in my gun, especially in cooler weather, sold it on.

Did not like Lapua Pistol King - but I do keep some Center-X for my Free Pistol.

YMMV

Last edited by RoyDean on Tue 19 Jul 2022, 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

RoyDean

hengehold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger Tue 19 Jul 2022, 6:04 pm

My 2014 Pardini SP is like a Glock. It will shoot anything.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m Tue 19 Jul 2022, 8:13 pm

any Euro ammo.  Pardini USA will tell you the same.  Tac-22 works good (Case is made by RWS not sure if RWS make it).  Federal 711b also works good provided you do not run into a batch that runs longer.

Someone posted a list of OAL by mfg.  

I check every mag as I load it to make sure the second round is not stuck.  I hold the mag at about a 30-40 deg angle (bottom of mag higher than the top) and press the follower to reduce the tension on the 5 rounds.  You can also drop the mag after chambering the first round to check the 2 round is not stuck.

also make sure you clean often. This could cause it to not pick up the second round.
Toz35m
Toz35m

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bmize1 Tue 19 Jul 2022, 9:18 pm

I purchased a used 2016 SP here for my fiancé.
She absolutely loves it.
It ran 100% for about 1500 rounds and then start stovepiping.
Change the every spring in it including the magazines a few weeks ago.
Stove pipes have become less often, but still having at least one every 90 rds and sometimes 2, regardless of ammo.

This pistol shoots the new CCI SV in the light blue box in tiny little groups as long as they are not to long.
I have tried Federal 711B, or RWS pistol, Norma Tac Match , SK pistol, and several others. All with the same results.
 I’m thinking it is the extractor, but it looks fine.

bmize1

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Tue 19 Jul 2022, 9:22 pm

Change the extractor. The pivot hole wears oval very fast, happened recently on my HP32. Check the pin too. If there is any perceptible mark or change in diameter, change it. Order two of each from Pardini, eventually you will need the second.

RoyDean

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m Wed 20 Jul 2022, 12:28 pm

also change the spring behind the extractor.  The extractor could be OK and not worn but the spring could be the problem.  I would replace both.

The folks at Pardini USA are helpful troubleshooting also
Toz35m
Toz35m

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toddcfii Thu 21 Jul 2022, 2:31 pm

I have had three SP22s. From a Nygord to a 2019. All are great and accurate. None have given me FTFs. As far as accuracy goes you have to try a few varied types to find the best. I would start with CCI SV and use that as my bench mark as long as it functions in your pistol. Then get a box or two of as many types as you can. I have tried three types of expensive Lapua - Center X, Pistol King and Midas+ as well as 4 types of SK and 3 types of Eley.  Two of my pistols shoot best with CCI SV and one shoots best with Eley BPX. The most expensive ammo was surprisingly not even close in my pistols.
toddcfii
toddcfii

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold Thu 21 Jul 2022, 9:11 pm

toddcfii wrote:I have had three SP22s. From a Nygord to a 2019. All are great and accurate. None have given me FTFs. As far as accuracy goes you have to try a few varied types to find the best. I would start with CCI SV and use that as my bench mark as long as it functions in your pistol. Then get a box or two of as many types as you can. I have tried three types of expensive Lapua - Center X, Pistol King and Midas+ as well as 4 types of SK and 3 types of Eley.  Two of my pistols shoot best with CCI SV and one shoots best with Eley BPX. The most expensive ammo was surprisingly not even close in my pistols.

My friend found similar results when Group testing his SW-41 from a RR at 50yds. The CCI-SV shot best and the European ammo ( including the most expensive product lines such as Eley Ten-X) did not shoot very well at all.

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold Thu 21 Jul 2022, 9:14 pm

Toz35m wrote:any Euro ammo.  Pardini USA will tell you the same.  Tac-22 works good (Case is made by RWS not sure if RWS make it).  Federal 711b also works good provided you do not run into a batch that runs longer.

Someone posted a list of OAL by mfg.  

I check every mag as I load it to make sure the second round is not stuck.  I hold the mag at about a 30-40 deg angle (bottom of mag higher than the top) and press the follower to reduce the tension on the 5 rounds.  You can also drop the mag after chambering the first round to check the 2 round is not stuck.

also make sure you clean often. This could cause it to not pick up the second round.
Sounds like I should measure the inside length in the mags and get the list of ammo brands by OAL.

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by rbwillnj Fri 22 Jul 2022, 8:46 am

I purchased a Pardini Bullseye 22 Conversion along with 4 magazines for my HP in 2021.   CCI SV jams in the magazines Aguila SV and Eley Standard Pistol work fine.  After reading through the above posts, it looks like the older magazines might be OK with CCI and newer ones are problematic??

I have a lot of CCI, so my solution was to switch back to my 208s which likes the CCI but doesn't like Aguila.
rbwillnj
rbwillnj

http://StarMachineWorks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Fri 22 Jul 2022, 8:48 am

hengehold wrote:

Sounds like I should measure the inside length in the mags and get the list of ammo brands by OAL.

Hey Henge:

I have measured OAL of the cartridges and found that they vary not only by lot numbers, but I find differences in the box of 50.  

Lately, CCI SV has been running a bit long.  

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Fri 22 Jul 2022, 8:49 am

rbwillnj wrote:I purchased a Pardini Bullseye 22 Conversion along with 4 magazines for my HP in 2021.   CCI SV jams in the magazines Aguila SV and Eley Standard Pistol work fine.  After reading through the above posts, it looks like the older magazines might be OK with CCI and newer ones are problematic??

I have a lot of CCI, so my solution was to switch back to my 208s which likes the CCI but doesn't like Aguila.

It seems confusing. I don't know that manufacturing date matters. I have 12 sp magazines that are all new purchases from the passed 5 years. Every one of them shoots cci with no problems. Seems very sporadic.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Fri 22 Jul 2022, 6:18 pm

I've had no issues with CCI. Eley Bullseye is by far the most accurate out of my SP followed by Wolf Extra manufactured by Lapua and SK Standard. I'd say the SK is the softest shooting and the Eley is a bit snappy.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down