Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you convert a Pardini SP to SPE?

+2
Toz35m
only_8_ring
6 posters

Go down

Can you convert a Pardini SP to SPE?  Empty Can you convert a Pardini SP to SPE?

Post by only_8_ring Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:41 am

My question is this: Given that I have an SP, is it possible to use that same receiver but replace the mechanical parts with electronic ones from Pardini, thus converting the SP to an SPE? If someone has an SPE, could you please remove the grip and post pictures of both sides of the frame? I can't seem to find photos of this anywhere on the internet.

More background: I'm the proud owner of a new (to me) Pardini SP, the mechanical trigger model. However, I struggle the most with the rapid fire portion of bullseye matches, and training for that specifically is a huge priority for me. I've heard that being able to run practice rapid fire series entirely dry fired can be helpful, and that's what a lot of Olympic rapid fire shooters do. Normal mechanical triggers can't dry fire multiple times without resetting the hammer, so I'm looking at the electronic trigger. Yes, I'm aware that there is some controversy concerning the reliability of this particular electronic trigger. No, it doesn't deter me from trying it myself.

I posted Pardini's parts diagrams below for reference, and showed some of the work I've already done to try and identify parts that would need to be changed out.

• I marked in red any parts that are only present in one of the models, mechanical or electronic. These will need to be removed and replaced with appropriate ones for an SPE.
  • I marked in green some key parts in common between the two models, notably cross pins that go through the receiver and hold trigger parts in place. This shows that the same pins are used, so the holes should at least be the same diameter in the receiver. The holes look like they're in the same position, but they could be different.
  • I highlighted in blue the main area I have questions about. In the SP this is used to access to the sear/hammer interface for lubrication and cleaning. I'm not sure what the smaller corresponding hole is used for in the SPE electronic.

My main concern is whether the blue-highlighted hole has some important purpose in the SPE I'm not aware of, since I can't seem to find photos online of a disassembled SPE. My gut instinct is that this is another hole to clean and service the trigger/sear interface, but I have no idea. If it's another cross pin, the conversion is likely not possible for me because I can't fill in the bigger hole on my receiver, and I have no desire to drill new holes in an SP receiver.

Can you convert a Pardini SP to SPE?  JMragcBCan you convert a Pardini SP to SPE?  Gl6BYBL

only_8_ring

Back to top Go down

Can you convert a Pardini SP to SPE?  Empty Re: Can you convert a Pardini SP to SPE?

Post by Toz35m Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:20 pm

call Pardini USA.  You would have to buy parts from them and they will know the answer.

tel. +1.813.983.9839
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Can you convert a Pardini SP to SPE?  Empty Re: Can you convert a Pardini SP to SPE?

Post by only_8_ring Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:58 pm

It seems there is one main thing preventing the conversion of an SP to an SPE that Pardini USA told me about: Pardini does not sell electronic trigger modules, and most or all of the relevant parts are out of stock. I guess this means the issue of whether the SP receiver fits the SPE parts is moot, since the parts can't be feasibly sourced.

The woman I spoke with mentioned that SPE modules are not compatible with oil, which people tend to use on their guns. Shooters can't get it in their heads that oil is not good for electronic parts. She laughed a little and remarked that everyone was trying to get their SPE model converted to an SP, and she had never heard of anyone trying to go the other direction.

only_8_ring

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:13 am

I was told a few months ago by Alex Chichkov of Pardini USA that Pardini Italy will not permit them to sell any SPE electronic parts to anyone other than Olympic level shooters. Seems that they have a problem sourcing those parts and do not want to waste parts on "lesser mortals".

I asked the question because a Forum member listed an SPE on GunBroker a few months ago and I considered buying it. He got it at (what seemed at the time) a good price from another retiring Forum member about 2 years ago. It was listed as a "Unicorn".

I chose not to proceed. Pity, an interesting gun.

So, my advice to the OP, and IMHO (I am certainly not an Olympic level shooter) I think that you should look in another direction. The Steyr LP50 is a proven and reliable 5 shot air pistol - you can easily get Rink, or other, anatomical, or 1911, grips to suit your hand. You can easily mount a red dot. It comes with excellent fully adjustable iron sights, very similar to a Pardini SP. (I own both). The trigger weight is widely adjustable. Pilk Guns can supply and support, they are GREAT!

The LP50 is a great training tool for Bullseye TF/RF or International courses of fire.

IMHO.

YMMV.

RoyDean

CarpeXRing likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:39 am

Have you tried tying a string to the bolt to cycle with your offhand? Since the original issue is how to RF dry fire
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:09 pm

IMO The key part of improving in RF is learning to recover between shots.  I am struggling to see the benefit of having the ability to dry fire 5 times in a row with out dealing with recoil.

The only way to learn this is to spend time at the range and shoot lots of reps.  2 shot drills provide the focused training needed to learn and recover from the previous shot.  When you can shoot 2 tens every time then move on to 3 shots.
Toz35m
Toz35m

robert84010 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aim Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:03 pm

No, stick to mechanical, electronic trigger is not reliable, German team changed from electronic to mechanical.

Aim

Back to top Go down

Post by only_8_ring Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:56 pm

Toz35m wrote:IMO The key part of improving in RF is learning to recover between shots.  I am struggling to see the benefit of having the ability to dry fire 5 times in a row with out dealing with recoil.

The only way to learn this is to spend time at the range and shoot lots of reps.  2 shot drills provide the focused training needed to learn and recover from the previous shot.  When you can shoot 2 tens every time then move on to 3 shots.
Yes, I totally understand this. My chief issue is breaking my bad habit of a trigger/recoil flinch. I just got back into competitive bullseye this year, and I think I rushed into .45 too soon and built some bad habits. In the meantime, I'm trying to maximize the effectiveness of my training time with regards to removing my trigger pull flinch reflex. One thing I'm doing is a lot of dry fire, but it may be just a tiny bit more effective if I had an electronic trigger so I'm not constantly resetting my hammer/trigger. That said, every time I pull the Pardini's trigger I hear a chorus of angels singing. The trigger is that good. I'm thinking you guys are right, and the electronic one just isn't worth the downsides.

Now that I've had my Pardini SP for a week, I realize that honestly the electronic trigger might not even help me at all. I typically shoot a 95 average in sustained fire with my Ruger Mk IV, but with the Pardini I'm shooting almost all 99s/100s. More practice in timed/rapid fire really won't help me as much as doing practice to improve my slow fire.

only_8_ring

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulwild Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:23 pm

dummy round drill. Also maybe try to get an electronic unit on an international shooting forum. if people are taking them out whey probably want to convert them to cash.

Fulwild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down