Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Sprinfield Gun is the best for EIC match

4 posters

Go down

Which Sprinfield Gun is the best for EIC match Empty Which Sprinfield Gun is the best for EIC match

Post by Lenny53 Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:26 pm

Hello, guys,
I need a bullseye gun for EIC CMP matches. From what I hear from my fellow shooters, Springfield Range Officer is a good one but it is no longer manufactured. I looked at Springield web and found many different ones. They list 1911 Loaded Target gun. Does anybody know anything about this gun? Is it a good gun for bullseye matches?
How does it compare to renge officer?

Lenny53

Back to top Go down

Which Sprinfield Gun is the best for EIC match Empty Re: Which Sprinfield Gun is the best for EIC match

Post by james r chapman Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:35 pm

The loaded is a good one for what you want.
A few bells and whistles like an ambi safety but basically a fancy RO in S.S.

I’ve one in 9mm, shoots great after a bushing fit and fitted slide stop.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Which Sprinfield Gun is the best for EIC match Empty Re: Which Sprinfield Gun is the best for EIC match

Post by NukeMMC Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:28 pm

Range Officers can be had used and in fine condition.  In the past 6 months I have bought a 45 and a 9mm version, each for $700 (1 a little more, one a little less).  Add an EGW .200" slide stop and one of their angle-bore bushings based on measurements of your pistol, and they will shoot leg points.
My 9mm is off with Jon getting a 38super barrel fit so I can tinker a bit more and try and get my last 10 points with something a bit on the softer side of how I got my first 20 points.
The 45 will be off to KC with a new Bar-Sto barrel I managed a good deal on as soon as he tells me he is ready for the work.  Probably early next year.
Could I get my last points with them as-is?  Probably, but I don't have as much time to practice as I did 20 years ago, I like to tinker and I also like shooting what true craftsmen make.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:09 pm

Find a local bullseye club or start shooting matches and leagues and let it be known that you are looking for a service pistol. I have found several good deals on bullseye equipment in that manner.
chiz1180
chiz1180

kc.crawford.7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down