Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Service Pistol? Match Grade Barrel?

4 posters

Go down

Current Service Pistol? Match Grade Barrel?  Empty Current Service Pistol? Match Grade Barrel?

Post by Orion 8/19/2022, 7:53 pm

Hi,

I used to shoot bullseye, but am getting back into it. When I was shooting the M9 was the main pistol for earning EIC points. What is the current service pistol, I see the m9a3, m9a4, 92x, etc..

Thanks!

Last edited by Orionsic on 8/20/2022, 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Current Service Pistol? Match Grade Barrel?  Empty Re: Current Service Pistol? Match Grade Barrel?

Post by james r chapman 8/19/2022, 8:05 pm

Same ol’ 1911
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

orpheoet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Current Service Pistol? Match Grade Barrel?  Empty Re: Current Service Pistol? Match Grade Barrel?

Post by Asa Yam 8/19/2022, 8:40 pm

Orionsic wrote:... What is the current service pistol, I see the m9a3, m9a4, 92x, etc....

james r chapman
Same ol’ 1911

The CURRENT Service Pistols are the M17/M18 by SIG.  Not sure if an "as issue" pistol will hold up against an accurized M9 or 1911, best guess is contact Gray Guns (https://grayguns.com/) as they seem to specialize in accurizing SIGs.  Hope this helps.

Asa Yam

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 8/19/2022, 9:25 pm

Orionsic, your questions are slightly confusing.

If you want a pistol with a narrower grip, that dictates a single stack magazine. For example a 1911 (preferably in 45ACP) or possibly a SIG P210 (9mm - but the current USA made target model with adjustable rear sight typically comes with a large grip, you might need to sand down after-market wooden slabs to get the grip as narrow as possible).

No need for replacement barrels in these guns.

The CMP list has dozens of eligible "Service" pistols. In Civilian EIC matches you will see a very wide variety of guns being used successfully, but a lightly tuned 1911 "Ball gun" is still a very popular choice.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion 8/21/2022, 4:25 pm

RoyDean wrote:Orionsic, your questions are slightly confusing.

The CMP list has dozens of eligible "Service" pistols. In Civilian EIC matches you will see a very wide variety of guns being used successfully, but a lightly tuned 1911 "Ball gun" is still a very popular choice.
I saw the list of CMP legal pistols on table 4.1.3. I stopped shooting for 9 years and the number of SP went from ~3 to ~40. Amazing.. I shot ballguns and an M9 previously, but am looking for something new. Sounds like hardball really didnt need to be replaced since the 50s.
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down