Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benelli MP95 stove-pipe/Fail to Fully Eject

+5
TonyH
oldsalt444
messenger
james r chapman
mordecai
9 posters

Go down

Benelli MP95 stove-pipe/Fail to Fully Eject Empty Benelli MP95 stove-pipe/Fail to Fully Eject

Post by mordecai 8/29/2022, 1:43 pm

I have a very New-Old-Stock pistol with a Larry's Scope Mount on it - so it wraps around and above the ejection port.
I've only shot 250rds so far, but I get quite a number of empty brass casings being caught by the bolt before they clear the port.
Is this a break-in issue?
Is this the Scope Mount causing problems?
Other ideas?

mordecai

Back to top Go down

Benelli MP95 stove-pipe/Fail to Fully Eject Empty Re: Benelli MP95 stove-pipe/Fail to Fully Eject

Post by james r chapman 8/29/2022, 2:19 pm

Extractors wear out easily
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Benelli MP95 stove-pipe/Fail to Fully Eject Empty Re: Benelli MP95 stove-pipe/Fail to Fully Eject

Post by messenger 8/29/2022, 3:21 pm

mordecai wrote:I have a very New-Old-Stock pistol with a Larry's Scope Mount on it - so it wraps around and above the ejection port.
I've only shot 250rds so far, but I get quite a number of empty brass casings being caught by the bolt before they clear the port.
Is this a break-in issue?
Is this the Scope Mount causing problems?
Other ideas?

My Pardini broke a firing pin at a match this past weekend. Had to pull out the MP95. I used to get a stove pipe now and then but lately I have been getting a lot of them. When I shoot open sights I never have a problem. It basically throws the brass straight up. I figured the Larry's mount was causing the problem. I tried rings and still had the same problem but not as severe. Wouldn't hurt to try a new extractor. I assume Redfeather  would be the place to go for Benelli parts?

Bill

Last edited by messenger on 8/30/2022, 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by oldsalt444 8/29/2022, 7:51 pm

I had that same problem with my MP95.  The empties hit the scope and bounce back down into the action.  The MP95 throws empties forward and slightly upward.  So I switched to a small red dot and used a single ring mounted in the rear most dovetail between the bolt and the rear sight.  Problem went away.  Bottom line - don't block over top of the action.
oldsalt444
oldsalt444

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 8/29/2022, 9:21 pm

oldsalt444 wrote:I had that same problem with my MP95.  The empties hit the scope and bounce back down into the action.  The MP95 throws empties forward and slightly upward.  So I switched to a small red dot and used a single ring mounted in the rear most dovetail between the bolt and the rear sight.  Problem went away.  Bottom line - don't block over top of the action.
I’ll second this post. I use high rings with a 30mm red dot tube sight on my 95E and no issues with brass dropping back into the action. It hits the bottom of the scope and deflects out. With low and medium height rings, the problem persisted.
Also try a small drop of oil on the bottom of the bolt, every few magazines. Flip the gun upside down with the mag removed with the bolt in closed position, one drop of oil on the silver center rib of the bolt and it should be good to go.
Great pistol, btw, and way under-rated, imo!
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by mordecai 8/29/2022, 9:45 pm

Yeah, my model doesn't have mounting slots/dovetails in the barrel...
I could cut the mount so it held the scope from a single ring in the front...

mordecai

Back to top Go down

Post by bmize1 8/30/2022, 1:17 am

Best pic I could find.
This pistol ejected in a 180* arc, so nothing could be over the port.
One extra tall ring just clamping the front of the dot.
Held fine over a few thousand rounds and was still tight when I sold it.
Benelli MP95 stove-pipe/Fail to Fully Eject A471a510

bmize1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangeant 8/30/2022, 11:00 pm

I've shot a MP90 for a long time. Not the most DOT friendly design with its ejection pattern.

Like said check extractor first, should hold case against bolt face. With Larry mount the cases should be clearing. If the extractor is OK try different ammo, more bolt velocity may help cases clear better. Mine never liked soft ammo even with light recoil spring.
Tangeant
Tangeant

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 8/31/2022, 6:31 am

mordecai wrote:Yeah, my model doesn't have mounting slots/dovetails in the barrel...
I could cut the mount so it held the scope from a single ring in the front...

I drilled and tapped my MP 90 with two holes on the flat behind the ejection port. I attached a short weaver base and mounted a one inch ultradot with one ring. This totally eliminated the ejection problem. 

The Benelli will drive you nuts if anything is covering the port!

JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by mordecai 8/31/2022, 12:57 pm

I'm understanding what you did there now.  Got it - does seem like a fix-all solution.  Thanks.

mordecai

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 8/31/2022, 3:30 pm

Best solution
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bmize1 8/31/2022, 4:19 pm

Found another pic of the one ring setup 
Benelli MP95 stove-pipe/Fail to Fully Eject 52b5c610

bmize1

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 8/31/2022, 6:04 pm

Benelli MP95 stove-pipe/Fail to Fully Eject Img_2214
This was my fix. Took it out today and no problems. Anyone want to buy a Larry's mount?

Bill
messenger
messenger

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 8/31/2022, 9:03 pm

bmize1 wrote:Found another pic of the one ring setup 

And that holds Zero, amazing. 

Had I know this now I would not have sold my MP95 I loved/hated that gun. 

Benelli MP95 stove-pipe/Fail to Fully Eject 52b5c610
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by bmize1 8/31/2022, 10:46 pm

It held for at least 2k rds, probably more.
Front area on that dot is about 1/4”
and that was enough to hold.

bmize1

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 9/1/2022, 8:44 am

Benelli MP95 stove-pipe/Fail to Fully Eject 0aad8c10
I just cut off the front extension on the canterlever one offered on this forum. Aimpoint attachment for dot.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down