Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FYI Burris Forever Warranty is not Forever

4 posters

Go down

FYI Burris Forever Warranty is not Forever Empty FYI Burris Forever Warranty is not Forever

Post by Upper40 9/8/2022, 7:28 am

FYI only..bought a used Burris XTS-135 with 5 MOA dot (works great), liked it so much I bought (2) more (NOS) from a national chain.  One of them has a VERY dark lens and both have dots that are more like 4 MOA not the 5 MOA as advertised on the box. The dark lens would be suitable for example hunting outdoors in snow conditions but not indoors. DOT on the (2) new ones might only be only 4 MOA but are sharp..I can work with the dot size.

Burris ackowledge that some of the XTS-135 scopes shipped with the dark lens but that there is no warranty on the scopes because they don't make that model any longer...so much for Burris Forever Warranty.

Just passing this on in case you find a deal on a Burris product...

Upper40

Back to top Go down

FYI Burris Forever Warranty is not Forever Empty Re: FYI Burris Forever Warranty is not Forever

Post by Boxturtle 9/8/2022, 9:01 am

My experience with Burris warranty service has been good.  You might want to ask them to replace your defective items with current-production units.
Boxturtle
Boxturtle

Back to top Go down

FYI Burris Forever Warranty is not Forever Empty Re: FYI Burris Forever Warranty is not Forever

Post by zanemoseley 9/8/2022, 9:31 am

Yeah that's BS, they should replace with a current production model of similar/equal specs. Next time buy Vortex.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Upper40 9/8/2022, 11:26 am

Boxturtle wrote:My experience with Burris warranty service has been good.  You might want to ask them to replace your defective items with current-production units.
 Wrote to them 2X now asking for a swap....no responses from them.

Upper40

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxturtle 9/8/2022, 11:36 am

Burris 1-888-440-0244

Talk to customer service; much more effective than email,.
Boxturtle
Boxturtle

Back to top Go down

Post by straybrit 9/8/2022, 12:50 pm

zanemoseley wrote:Next time buy Vortex

Agreed. Even if you manage to break it on install (yes you have to be stupendously inept to do this - yes I have a talent for it) they will fix/replace with no question. Worth the extra money IMO.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down