Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini Grips are not exactly the same

5 posters

Go down

Pardini Grips are not exactly the same Empty Pardini Grips are not exactly the same

Post by BruceV 9/17/2022, 10:03 am

Don't know if this has been discussed before or not.  I have been in search for an extra grip so I could customize it to fit my hand.  I am left handed and the large Pardini grip is just a little bit too large, so I have the medium, which I won't say is too small but it just doesn't fit right.

I was fortunate to find a medium left grip for a good enough price that it was not going to hurt my feelings if I messed it up in the process of trying to make it fit my hand.

Well I never thought about how Pardini makes these grips, I suppose I thought they were made by a machine, cookie cutter with maybe a little hand finish work.  And maybe that is exactly how they do it, but depending on the worker, the finish work can be very different from one grip to another.

My grip arrived and I put it on my gun and for some crazy reason it felt perfect, very noticeable compared to my other grip.  I thought it was in my head, right up until I put the grips side by side.  First thing I thought was the grip was not a medium, I'm certain it is, not because of the M stamped in it, because basically it is the same grip with different cuts and angles.

The finger grooves are at different angles and the cutout behind the trigger is much deeper on the new grip.

All of this adds up to my fingers wrapping around the grip just a little more, making my grip feel way more stable.

Take a look at the pics, you will see the differences.

Pardini Grips are not exactly the same Pardin13
Pardini Grips are not exactly the same Pardin15
Pardini Grips are not exactly the same Pardin14

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Pardini Grips are not exactly the same Empty Re: Pardini Grips are not exactly the same

Post by james r chapman 9/17/2022, 10:08 am

Maybe the “new” one was already tweaked.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pardini Grips are not exactly the same Empty Re: Pardini Grips are not exactly the same

Post by BruceV 9/17/2022, 10:31 am

james r chapman wrote:Maybe the “new” one was already tweaked.
It is new, but I can't be certain it was not altered, if it was, they did one heck of a good job.

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 9/17/2022, 12:15 pm

The left one looks (particularly the finger grooves and all smoothed edges) like mine that I received 4Q2021 from PardiniUSA on my SPBE. I'm still in the honeymoon phase. They have infinite latitude since the pistol has no grip as part of the frame but I find it easier to grip consistently vs. the three Rinks I have for my GT45 and my Rink for the Ruger Mk.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceV 9/17/2022, 4:53 pm

SingleActionAndrew wrote:The left one looks (particularly the finger grooves and all smoothed edges) like mine that I received 4Q2021 from PardiniUSA on my SPBE. I'm still in the honeymoon phase. They have infinite latitude since the pistol has no grip as part of the frame but I find it easier to grip consistently vs. the three Rinks I have for my GT45 and my Rink for the Ruger Mk.
Interesting because the grip on the right is also from the same time as yours, I bought my Pardini December 2021. I think this new grip may be pretty darn close to what I want.  Just came back from the range, shot 150 rounds and it felt a lot better than the other grip.

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by toddcfii 9/17/2022, 4:59 pm

Which one is the original? Left or right in picture?
toddcfii
toddcfii

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceV 9/17/2022, 6:29 pm

toddcfii wrote:Which one is the original?  Left or right in picture?
Right one is the original that came with my gun.

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by tray999 9/18/2022, 5:49 pm

I have three Pardini's (SP, HP, and K12) all have medium grips, they are all a little different and require me to do a little fitting......
tray999
tray999

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceV 9/18/2022, 6:06 pm

tray999 wrote:I have three Pardini's (SP, HP, and K12) all have medium grips, they are all a little different and require me to do a little fitting......
I was surprised how much different they are.  The new grip is noticeably narrower, and in my case it works, my fingers wrap around the grip a good 1/2 inch more.  My grip is more secure than my other grip. My trigger finger lines up better on the trigger.

I got this grip to modify it, right now I'm not touching it, time will tell.

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down