Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades

5 posters

Go down

Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades Empty Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades

Post by RoyDean 10/8/2022, 5:34 pm

I have just bought one of these fine revolvers and on carefully looking at the extended rear sight I discover that the sight blade unit is removeable. The one supplied with the gun has a notch 3.1mm wide. It is stamped #1. I prefer a wider notch. I am guessing that Manurhin offer blades with different widths (the rear sight is, I believe, common to both the 32 and 38 Match models). In the past when asking questions of the current USA Importer (Beretta), I have not got much of a response.

Anyone know where I might find Manurhin Rear Sight Blades?

I have sent an enquiry to Chapuis Armes and also to a large dealer in The Netherlands.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades Empty Re: Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades

Post by Tripscape 10/8/2022, 7:36 pm

RoyDean wrote:I have just bought one of these fine revolvers and on carefully looking at the extended rear sight I discover that the sight blade unit is removeable. The one supplied with the gun has a notch 3.1mm wide. It is stamped #1. I prefer a wider notch. I am guessing that Manurhin offer blades with different widths (the rear sight is, I believe, common to both the 32 and 38 Match models). In the past when asking questions of the current USA Importer (Beretta), I have not got much of a response.

Anyone know where I might find Manurhin Rear Sight Blades?

I have sent an enquiry to Chapuis Armes and also to a large dealer in The Netherlands.
Conversly I prefer narrower blades. I got mine KA pre-Chapuis date code with #2 blade.  Exactly 3mm wide notch. Can you please check your blade notch width? Maybe we can trade, but I need to think. Terrified of messing anything up, parts are very hard to obtain.
Yev
Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades 20221011
Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades 20221012
Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades 20221013

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades Empty Re: Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades

Post by Tripscape 10/8/2022, 7:43 pm

Sorry, I did not see you posted yours as 3.1mm. So even wider than mine. Strange, I guess they changed denomination somewhere, or maybe they get narrower as the size goes up? Maybe caliper tolerance error and they are actually equal.

I read more and MA date code was not a date code, but referenced sport models. Mine has top plate screw, so older model. Maybe changes were made along the production timeline.

I cannot find any references at all to the blade set, existence or availability, except that they are interchangeable.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B 10/9/2022, 9:16 am

I bought my MR38 a couple years ago, it came with 2 additional sight blades.
Calling it a fine revolver is an understatement...

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 10/9/2022, 11:44 am

Steve,
Is it Mulhouse or Chapuis, date estimate, and if you can.measure blade nothes corresponding to blade numbers? You would do us a great help! Thanks.
Yev

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 10/9/2022, 11:45 am

Those are some real target sights compared to the tiny sets on US made revolvers.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 10/9/2022, 1:43 pm

They are great, but have to be very careful. They overhang hammer and can be bumped off.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 10/9/2022, 1:51 pm

"They overhang hammer and can be bumped off."

Correct. I am fortunate in that I prefer to use DA for TF/RF, so the very tight gap between hammer spur and rear sight blade is not a problem for me.

Now that I know the sight blade unit is removeable and (somehow) replaceable I am probably going to widen the notch with a file and then get a replacement bought/made in due course.Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades Img_2077
Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades Img_2076
Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades Img_2075Manurhin MR38 Match rear sight blades Img_2078

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 10/9/2022, 4:34 pm

I wonder if an adapter can be made to use TOZ-35m rear sight blades?

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 10/9/2022, 4:40 pm

"adapter to use TOZ-35m rear sight blades"

Good suggestion ScO.

Happens that I know someone who is doing just that on a couple of custom build Ball Guns now close to completion (DCF, ya gotta be patient!!!).

RoyDean

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 10/10/2022, 7:57 am

I got a quick response from Krale in the Netherlands (a major dealer). They say that MR38 sight blades are very difficult to obtain and they cannot supply.

OK. The blade units are actually quite simple. I will look into getting some made.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B 10/10/2022, 3:24 pm

Tripscape wrote:Steve,
Is it Mulhouse or Chapuis, date estimate, and if you can.measure blade nothes corresponding to blade numbers? You would do us a great help! Thanks.
Yev

The gun is no more than 3 years old, it was imported the year I bought it.  It was built under Chapuis.
My MR38 has the #4 rear sight installed at the factory, it's width is .125".  The #3 rear sight measured .137" and the #2 measured .133".  Kinda interesting that the sight blade widths don't increase linearly with the sight number...
Thank you for bringing up this topic, I may try the next wider blade now.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B 10/10/2022, 3:27 pm

RoyDean wrote:"They overhang hammer and can be bumped off."

Correct. I am fortunate in that I prefer to use DA for TF/RF, so the very tight gap between hammer spur and rear sight blade is not a problem for me.

I shoot sustained fire using DA too.  I could never correctly regrip after thumb cocking the hammer.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 10/10/2022, 3:42 pm

I shot my MR38 for the first time this morning. Factory Magtech LRN ammo. No problem in SF, but several light strikes in TF/RF. Not good!

Maybe it will improve once aI get some more ammo through it. The #2 sight blades is definitely too narrow for me.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 10/10/2022, 3:54 pm

Wow, what a cluster with non linear sight numbering. Well, at least you guys are lucky with SA/DA, mine is SAO. Nevertheless it is making me exercise proper form and concentration, not breaking the wrist between shots, etc. Also, the pistol is very precise but totally unforgiving. I can cluster very well with S&W 10, 15 and 610 not even trying.  Manurhin I have to try really hard, but the reward is pleasing.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B 10/12/2022, 6:50 am

RoyDean wrote:I shot my MR38 for the first time this morning. Factory Magtech LRN ammo. No problem in SF, but several light strikes in TF/RF. Not good!

Maybe it will improve once aI get some more ammo through it. The #2 sight blades is definitely too narrow for me.

Is your revolver new?  If not someone may have adjusted the hammer spring screw tension too much.
My MR38 is adjusted to about 2 turns after making contact and it ignites Winchester primers.

Steve B

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 10/14/2022, 9:57 am

The ever helpful FC60 has sent me further info about the sight blades. 

In previous times the factory sent out a set of 3 blades blades with the MR revolvers. 

Usually the gun comes fitted with blade #1 which has a 3mm wide notch. #2 is 3.25 mm and #3 is 3.50 mm.

Good to know. Thanks Dave.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down