Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need 1911 slide stop pin colored

3 posters

Go down

Need 1911 slide stop pin colored Empty Need 1911 slide stop pin colored

Post by PMcfall Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:15 pm

I had to have a little work done to my old ball gun and the only slide stop pin readily at hand in the proper diameter is stainless.  I want to have it colored to match the pistol.  The frame is parkerized and the slide blued.  Wonder if someone who uses durocoat for some such product could color it while doing larger jobs.  Any ideas?
Thanks
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

Need 1911 slide stop pin colored Empty Re: Need 1911 slide stop pin colored

Post by John Dervis Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:22 pm

I can’t speak about other products but Duracoat is a coating so it will add some thickness to the pin itself. You probably don’t want that. I suppose they could spray just the end that you see but it still might affect the way the pin is inserted.  

The last time I looked at the Duracoat website, they had a listing of companies that used their products that you could contact.  You could call and ask one of them what it would take to add your part onto another project.

Good luck.
John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by PMcfall Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:34 am

I figured any thickness it added would quickly wear off but maybe not.  I might just have to get another pin in the proper diameter.
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:41 am

Cerakote is one of the thinnest paint type applications and is still .001 thick.. just have the outside area coated and leave the pin alone..  i have coated 1911 frames and have simply taped up the frame rails and put dummy pins in prior to coating to eliminate any issues Cerakote is a superior product to duracoat
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down