Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guns from Krale

+7
BE Mike
shooterer
jonathan.lane
kruppd
james r chapman
zanemoseley
orionshooter
11 posters

Go down

Guns from Krale Empty Guns from Krale

Post by orionshooter Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:13 am

Does anyone have any experience ordering guns from Krale from the U.S.?  Is it even possible?  Their website is confusing and very light on information.

orionshooter

Back to top Go down

Guns from Krale Empty Re: Guns from Krale

Post by zanemoseley Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:00 am

I got a Steyr Evo from them when it first came out since it isn't considered a firearm they can ship easily. Unfortunately Pilk guns got their panties in a wad about Krale taking away their business since there was an extreme discount ordering from them and complained enough to Steyr that they asked Krale to stop exporting AP's to the US.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:36 pm

Got a Walther lp500 from them.
Good price precovid
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kruppd Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:41 pm

I have ordered air pistol accessories for an LP500 from them, got support via e-mail to resolve my questions, it was a good experience overall.

kruppd

Back to top Go down

Post by jonathan.lane Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:03 pm

I ordered a used Feinwerkbau model 65 from them (precovid). They serviced the pistol. The price was very good and the pistol is in excellent shape. The shipping was fast and there were no problems. I am very pleased with the pistol and my interactions.

Jon

Last edited by jonathan.lane on Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cleaned up formatting)

jonathan.lane

Back to top Go down

Post by shooterer Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:03 am

I bought an air pistol and an air rifle from them and both transactions were flawless.

shooterer

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:08 pm

zanemoseley wrote:I got a Steyr Evo from them when it first came out since it isn't considered a firearm they can ship easily. Unfortunately Pilk guns got their panties in a wad about Krale taking away their business since there was an extreme discount ordering from them and complained enough to Steyr that they asked Krale to stop exporting AP's to the US.
I've had very good experiences with Pilkington over many decades. One thing that might be a factor in their being upset is that air guns have a huge market in Europe and in the U.S. not very much of a market at all.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:03 pm

BE Mike wrote:
zanemoseley wrote:I got a Steyr Evo from them when it first came out since it isn't considered a firearm they can ship easily. Unfortunately Pilk guns got their panties in a wad about Krale taking away their business since there was an extreme discount ordering from them and complained enough to Steyr that they asked Krale to stop exporting AP's to the US.
I've had very good experiences with Pilkington over many decades. One thing that might be a factor in their being upset is that air guns have a huge market in Europe and in the U.S. not very much of a market at all.
This ^^^

Pilkington has the best service. They rebuilt an LP5 for me that I got off gun(I’m)broker(now).com. Then when I couldn’t find a fill adapter anywhere on the planet, Buck found one in his personal collection and sent it to me. And finally when I was looking for additional CO2 cylinders, they sent me 4 for FREE(!). I later passed along two of them to another person looking for spare cylinders (for free seeing as I got them free). 

I’m glad Krale isn’t undercutting US independent businesses. We’d be dead in the water if we had to ship stuff to Europe for repairs.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:47 pm

Pilk has pissed off their fair share of people over the years. For a long time they refused to sell a full length Steyr to anyone that essentially wasn't already an accomplished AP competitor. Then they listed all their Steyr AP's for sale with only one cylinder when they ship from the factory with 2, so they pocket the 2nd and make you buy it back for $200 or whatever. That and the TN 9.75% sales tax made a gigantic difference when I got my EVO. Believe me they've taken full advantage of their captive market, didn't hurt my feelings buying from something like a 3rd generation mom and pop shop from the Netherlands.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:26 pm

Shooting Sport Depot is another option for airguns, both the owners also shoot competitively as well, I shot along side one of them at the air match at Perry last month.

Back to the OPs question, ordering rimfire or centerfire from Krale would be importing firearms, definitely possible but more hoops to jump and additional costs.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:55 am

Small world Rod.

I was the happy recipient of those two aluminum cylinders.for my LP1. Huge difference in the balance of that pistol for me verses the steel.

Figures it would be a member of this forum 

Many thanks

Owe you one or two favors 

Jimmy

Last edited by jglenn21 on Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:12 am

Just one of my stories about Pilkington is that I have a Morini 162 EI short that I bought used from a private party. Over time I noticed that it seemed to be leaking air at a very, very small pace. I contacted Pilkingtons and they asked me to send the pistol in. After receiving it, they discovered a very tiny hole in the frame. They said that the frame needed replacing and I could get the same serial number, but I'd have to wait a period of time as it was coming from Morini. I could get a new frame with a different serial number very quickly. I chose to get a new serial numbered frame. Pilkington replaced the frame and sent me the air pistol all at no charge. They didn't even charge me for shipping.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by impalanut Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:20 am

Bought air pistol without a problem. aimpoint ot sight at a good price also. Easy transactions and shipping took only three or four days. Tried to buy a Feinwerkbau .22, and it is virtually impossible due to the many import laws, plus the fees are high for the importers.

impalanut

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:39 am

jglenn21 wrote:Small world Rod.

I was the happy recipient of those two aluminum cylinders.for my LP1. Huge difference in the balance of that pistol for me verses the steel.

Figures it would be a member of this forum 

Many thanks

Owe you one or two favors 

Jimmy
Ha I forgot who it was. Thanks for reminding me and glad they worked for you! It’s a good day when you have the chance to do something nice.

RodJ

chopper and jglenn21 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:57 am

To the OP, my curiosity got the best of me and I looked up Krale’s website. there’s a customer service email and a phone number and the site says that firearms can’t be purchased online. Seems like going to the horse’s mouth would be the most definitive and easiest way to find out.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:47 pm

You for sure can't get a real firearm from them, I've asked years back. Used to be able to get AP's from them but they can no longer sell Steyr in the US. You might still be able to get a Walther AP still.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down