Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TargetSportsUSA

+5
Ray Dash
Pinetree
SingleActionAndrew
james r chapman
jwax
9 posters

Go down

TargetSportsUSA Empty TargetSportsUSA

Post by jwax 11/29/2022, 3:46 pm

Just saw this- Sad to see, but we had our chance in November......

From TargetSportsUSA:

Dear Valued Customers,

Due to changing laws set in place by New York State, we will no longer be able to ship directly to your home. Therefore, Friday, December 2, 2022, is the last day you can order and have it sent to you directly.

Effective Saturday, December 3, 2022, we must ship to an FFL DEALER.
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

TargetSportsUSA Empty Re: TargetSportsUSA

Post by james r chapman 11/29/2022, 5:05 pm

Elaborate
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 11/29/2022, 6:23 pm

That's a better excuse than the one they use for not shipping to my particular town
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinetree 11/29/2022, 6:49 pm

All due to the SAFE Act, apparently.

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2022/attorney-general-james-cracks-down-online-ammunition-sellers-illegally-shipping

Pinetree
Pinetree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 11/29/2022, 7:01 pm

Totally sick of this State. I have to make it at my job here for 5 more years and after that I am gone. This Gov wants to take the guns away from the law abiding citizens but gives the bad guys cashless bail and NY still voted this nutbag into office.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

jwax, 8eightring, bruce martindale, Pinetree, Arthur and sayracin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 11/29/2022, 10:20 pm

Ray Dash wrote:Totally sick of this State. I have to make it at my job here for 5 more years and after that I am gone. This Gov wants to take the guns away from the law abiding citizens but gives the bad guys cashless bail and NY still voted this nutbag into office.
Sounds like you're describing Chicago & it's suburb, the state of Illinois.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 11/30/2022, 4:23 am

Unfortunately the cancer is spreading across the US
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Arthur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim 11/30/2022, 7:29 am

Ray Dash wrote:Unfortunately the cancer is spreading across the US
I am afraid Michigan will go this route. We now have democrats controlling the house,senate and governors office......

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur 11/30/2022, 7:15 pm

I placed an order earlier this evening. The CCI SV was in the 100 plastic box and more than I wanted to spend. Disappointing, will now have to pay my FFL $20 per delivery. Could be worse, this is what I had to do to buy from the CMP. 

Best regards, 
Arthur

Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 11/30/2022, 8:03 pm

My problem isn't even the paying $20 extra for the transfer but what happens when I want to buy 5 cases of 22 ammo, am I going to get flagged, denied or even worse have the ATF knocking at my door because I like to shoot?

Did they actually come up with a ammo database now or am I paying my FFL just to write my info down. When Cuomo came up with this BS years ago he had to abandon it because the State had no system in place but now all of the sudden the wicked witches in charge decided to reinstate it.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b 12/1/2022, 8:10 am

STEVE SAMELAK wrote:
Ray Dash wrote:Totally sick of this State. I have to make it at my job here for 5 more years and after that I am gone. This Gov wants to take the guns away from the law abiding citizens but gives the bad guys cashless bail and NY still voted this nutbag into office.
Sounds like you're describing Chicago & it's suburb, the state of Illinois.
Spring of 2021 I moved to Missouri. I told my wife if anyone asked her what she gave up for lent that year the answer was Illinois.

weber1b

BE Mike, Moose, msmith44, RoyDean and shanneba like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 12/1/2022, 1:06 pm

Fortunately appears to only affect sales to NY residents only!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 12/1/2022, 2:56 pm

Ray Dash wrote:My problem isn't even the paying $20 extra for the transfer but what happens when I want to buy 5 cases of 22 ammo, am I going to get flagged, denied or even worse have the ATF knocking at my door because I like to shoot?

Did they actually come up with a ammo database now or am I paying my FFL just to write my info down.

Here in IL you are required to have a state FOID license to buy ammo. Cook (includes Chicago) County sheriff suggested earlier this year IIRC to take a step further and require FFL. But in the meantime, they removed the expiration date from all new printed FOID cards. Which means, as the new cards get rolled out then every time you buy ammo the state police gets notified, because they have to type your ID # in the system to check the expiration date.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b 12/1/2022, 3:09 pm

SingleActionAndrew wrote:
Here in IL you are required to have a state FOID license to buy ammo. Cook (includes Chicago) County sheriff suggested earlier this year IIRC to take a step further and require FFL. But in the meantime, they removed the expiration date from all new printed FOID cards. Which means, as the new cards get rolled out then every time you buy ammo the state police gets notified, because they have to type your ID # in the system to check the expiration date.
And again I win for having left there. Last time I used my FOID card was as an ad hoc window scraper. A much better use for it.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum