Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AW93 extractor fit

4 posters

Go down

AW93 extractor fit Empty AW93 extractor fit

Post by -TT- Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:53 pm

I've noticed a quirk in my AW93 that I wonder if other pistols also have. Can any AW93 owners give me a quick take?

When picking up a round, my AW93's extractor holds the rim well and is roughly parallel to the bolt. See picture 1, so far so good.

However when the bolt moves forward into battery, the inside edge of the extractor contacts the horizontal ramp of its slot, and therefore swings outward. See picture 2. This relaxes its grip on the rim, and also causes it some impact, both of which seem wrong to me. The slot is clean. The brass ejects ok, if a little inconsistently, but when the chamber is even a little bit sticky, it often will not extract the round manually, such as when checking the chamber. I have to have a stick handy to clear the gun, in fact.

Before I go all bubba on this and relieve the inside edge of the nose, does anyone else see a similar angle change on their AW93 with the bolt closed?

Picture 1 - bolt open

AW93 extractor fit Aw93bo11

Picture 2 - bolt closed
AW93 extractor fit Aw93bo10
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

AW93 extractor fit Empty Re: AW93 extractor fit

Post by gstfsnbgs Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:29 pm

My extractor looks just like that on an empty chamber. I also shoot with a stick handy, but only with my practice ammo (Norma). I have no issues with CCI, S&B, or eley.

gstfsnbgs

Back to top Go down

Post by ric1911a1 Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:38 pm

Mine looks the same.

Ric
ric1911a1
ric1911a1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:27 pm

Just about all 22 caliber pistols have extractors that cam out at the extractor groove/slot in the barrel. Yes it slightly reduces the tension on the case rim. Some pistols are prone to extraction light strike problems because the spring pressure is too high.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:21 pm

My extractor will hold the bolt very slightly open if I close it gently, for example when checking if there's a round chambered, but all it takes is a slight push to make it home. And I guess it doesn't surprise me that AW93's all do it - the whole pistol screams consistency. I'll ignore it.

It's fun, I haven't shot the AW93 in a while but I picked it up again recently because its long roll trigger is helping me train and it's really helping, in a way it didn't before somehow. I guess I put it away wet, and aged chamber crud made the extractor angle seem like a bigger issue. Thanks for confirming!
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down