Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Answers from CMP, Jim Henderson, on Sight Rib and Internal Recoil Reduction Questions

Go down

Answers from CMP, Jim Henderson, on Sight Rib and Internal Recoil Reduction Questions Empty Answers from CMP, Jim Henderson, on Sight Rib and Internal Recoil Reduction Questions

Post by John B Fowler 1/27/2023, 10:41 am

All, I had some questions on EIC service pistol under the new 2023 4.1 rules which I sent to CMP yesterday 26JAN2023 asking, 

"1. Is a Bomar sight rib, with tuner, now acceptable to CMP on a service pistol for EIC? Saw something about a Rock River combo rib on the Bullseye-L Forum that got me wondering as it was suggested it was.  Seems like adding a rib of any kind would be an external modification and thus prohibited.  

2. Is a Sprinco internal spring recoil reduction system that does not poke through the recoil spring plug and out in front of the dust cover and uses the issue solid recoil spring plug, now prohibited by CMP on a service pistol for EIC?  It was considered internal and has been acceptable for years."  

I got a quick reply from Jim Henderson via Christina Roguski earlier this morning and it is:
">> Here is the email from Jim.
>> 
>> Hi John,
>> 
>> Thanks for sending these questions in.
>> 
>> In the past the rib would not be allowed, but we are doing our best
>> to make it a bit easier for people to get involved. We believe that
>> allowing people to take the red dot off their gun and shoot with the
>> rib was an acceptable concession.
>> 
>> As far as the recoil reduction system you asked about, on page 36 of
>> the '23 Pistol rule book you'll find it clearly states that ANY
>> recoil reduction system is not allowed. There is no stipulation of
>> external or internal.
>> 
>> If you have any other questions, please email me.
>> 
>> Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you on the firing line.
>> 
>> Jim Henderson
>> Civilian Marksmanship Program
>> Pistol Coordinator
>> 419-635-2141"

John B Fowler

Back to top Go down