Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barrel Crown

3 posters

Go down

Barrel Crown Empty Barrel Crown

Post by wingnut170 2/9/2023, 7:16 am

I have checked several 22 target pistols, Pardini, MG-2, Walther etc. and noticed none of them have the barrels crowned. Is there a reason why not or isn't it necessary. TIA

wingnut170

Back to top Go down

Barrel Crown Empty Re: Barrel Crown

Post by tomd999 2/9/2023, 7:40 am

Hiya,

Technically they are "crowned", a ~45 degree "deburr" at least on the Pardini's and Walther's I have. 

I had a 1st gen Pardini SPE that had a habit of throwing one out of the group, I had Mike Larocca recut the muzzle of the barrel to square it to the CL of the bore and put an small bore rifle type recessed negative degree crown on it, that took care of the flyers and tightened up the overall group size. I did the same on a GSP, it made no improvement whatsoever so I can't tell you if it makes a difference in every case. Maybe if your having a problem like my Pardini had you try a recrown, otherwise leave it alone.

My 2 cents, no actual value,
Tom

tomd999

Back to top Go down

Post by wingnut170 2/9/2023, 7:52 am

tomd999 wrote:Hiya,

Technically they are "crowned", a ~45 degree "deburr" at least on the Pardini's and Walther's I have. 

I had a 1st gen Pardini SPE that had a habit of throwing one out of the group, I had Mike Larocca recut the muzzle of the barrel to square it to the CL of the bore and put an small bore rifle type recessed negative degree crown on it, that took care of the flyers and tightened up the overall group size. I did the same on a GSP, it made no improvement whatsoever so I can't tell you if it makes a difference in every case. Maybe if your having a problem like my Pardini had you try a recrown, otherwise leave it alone.

My 2 cents, no actual value,
Tom
Thanks

wingnut170

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 2/10/2023, 12:36 pm

Where is Mr Larocca located?

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down