Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving Targets?

5 posters

Go down

Moving Targets? Empty Moving Targets?

Post by johnmaloney Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:56 pm

New to the hobby, still waiting on an attachment to fill the air pistol. (Has some European part instead of a regular valve fitting). I am building the target area though, I wanted to add some moving targets. They would ideally run 20 feet. Are there any options available? I see some commercially available that move a few feet, I was hoping for something that would replicate like a running rabbit or something like that. I once was at a shotgun traps course and they had a clay that ran across the ground, I want to replicate that just scaled down. Thanks for your thoughts!

johnmaloney

Back to top Go down

Moving Targets? Empty Re: Moving Targets?

Post by FimRire RongLifle Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:32 pm

https://www.d-mtargets.com/store/p112/rimfiremover.html#/

You can make something similar with a garage door opener or a motor with pulleys. The last movers I ran at a training range used ropes with a pipe rail system and wheels like garage door opener wheels to run the target stands. Knobs ran the speed with a reversing switch.   Taller stands help protect system bu moving shots away from system. For shorter movement a pendulum tragetbtriggered by another plate you shoot is one mechanical method

Last edited by FimRire RongLifle on Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed link)
FimRire RongLifle
FimRire RongLifle

johnmaloney likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by johnmaloney Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:48 pm

Thanks for the link, this thing is cool:
edit - (no external links for new members, will just have to trust me)

I am in the wrong business apparently. Smile

johnmaloney

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:13 am

Link is wrong
https://www.d-mtargets.com/store/p112/rimfiremover.html#/
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

FimRire RongLifle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:27 am

Or, you can program a drone to tow a target back and forth, or wherever. Just a thought!

Does this thread belong on a Precision Pistol forum?
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by johnmaloney Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:56 pm

I will be shooting at them with precision air pistols so I think it counts.

Might armor an RC car, they are not as expensive as they used to be. Good call, would be easy to pack up at the end of the day.

johnmaloney

james r chapman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmaryakh Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:57 pm

Not sure if this is even a starter (in terms of the budget) but SportQuantum has a panoramic electronic target system (for airguns) that can be used for either a moving target, ISSF rapid fire (air) or as multiple standalone AP/AR firing stations (2 or 3 depending on the configuration).

If you are not familiar with this ETS - it is a 0 consumables system that allows you to basically shoot will life pellets directly at a computer screen. The length of the display you will be shooting at is 

This is geared towards an athlete serious about live 25m training at home and for the clubs that can also use the target as 2 separate lanes. MSRP will be in a vicinity of 2xSQ10 pricing - $7000-$7500. Target will be available in USA later this spring (hopefully will be able to demo at Camp Perry Open or at CMP Nationals)

Moving Targets? Panora10

dmaryakh

johnmaloney likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down