Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PTU and FTF symptoms

3 posters

Go down

PTU and FTF symptoms  Empty PTU and FTF symptoms

Post by hengehold Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:31 pm

I use a PTU from photoscape for seating LSWC bullets, link is below. I regularly experience rds that do not want to feed all the way and the slide will not close the last 1/10th of an inch or so. A moderate push forward with thumb gets it all the way forward And into battery. I suspect it is  a result of using the PTU that expands the brass deeper into the case. Think I will go back to the factory original and see if that makes a difference. Anyone else have issues like this w from the PTU? 

http://www.photoescapeinc.com/products/45htc-ptu-lnl-ap.html

hengehold

Back to top Go down

PTU and FTF symptoms  Empty Re: PTU and FTF symptoms

Post by DA/SA Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:35 am

Try coating a round with a black Sharpie and then chamber and eject it. Look for marks on the case where it may be rubbing the chamber.

It could be too much or not enough crimp. Too much forms a ridge around the case just behind the crimp and too little leaves the case mouth slightly larger than the case body.

Also check the OAL as your round may be slightly too long which creates drag on the slide as the round tries to turn the corner into the chamber. Try .910" to .920" from the LSWC shoulder to the back of the case.
DA/SA
DA/SA

hengehold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:53 pm

Thanks

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Workman Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:05 pm

I would suspect lack of crimp. It should ne .469 to .470" You should be able to hold two loaded rounds with sides touching and notice a small "V" between the 2 cases at the top of the brass.

Kermit Workman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum