Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iron sight options for BE build

+4
SingleActionAndrew
jglenn21
John Dervis
hengehold
8 posters

Go down

Iron sight options for BE build Empty Iron sight options for BE build

Post by hengehold 4/7/2023, 9:17 pm

I am building a BE gun on a Caspian slide. It is naked( no sight cuts yet). Looking for recommendations for adjustable rear sights and various front sights. 

I have been looking at KenSight. Are there other options I should consider? 

https://kensight.com/standard-serrated-1911-front-sights/

Thanks,
-Trevor

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Iron sight options for BE build Empty Re: Iron sight options for BE build

Post by John Dervis 4/7/2023, 10:07 pm

Kensight has replica of the old Bomar sight which is what most bullseye guns used in the old days.  I like the squared off corners but you can get the angled corners too.  If this is a wad gun another option would be to find a Bomar rib and use that (that’s what I did for my current wad gun). Aristocrat has a rib available too that looks like it will work (and its current production) but I don’t have any personal experience with their products.  

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold 4/8/2023, 4:27 am

Is there a benefit to using a rib sight instead of a separate front and rear sight?

Perhaps it is a little easier to mount since it just needs to have a couple holes drilled and tapped?

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 4/8/2023, 5:51 am

Simple to install and adds weight to slow recoil
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 4/8/2023, 12:07 pm

These are neat. Held a few recently and was jealous. Like the car seats with three memory positions, you can set up the elevation for 50', 25 yards and 50 yards in advance and then toggle between them for whatever venue or string you're shooting. I haven't actually used one, but sight picture was nice and neat feature (no counting and writing clicks on the line)
https://aristocratproducts.com/page2.html
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottB 4/8/2023, 3:18 pm

If you think you will ever mount a dot in the future then the Rock River Arms Bullseye Rib is an option to consider.  It has an adjustable rear target sight, a patridge style front sight and of course the ribs to mount a dot.

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1683

ScottB

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 4/8/2023, 6:40 pm

I highly recommend Rock River rib, it's made from steel and is heavier than an aluminum one, it helps slow down the slide and reduce recoil.
https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1683

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Al 4/8/2023, 7:24 pm

ScottB wrote:If you think you will ever mount a dot in the future then the Rock River Arms Bullseye Rib is an option to consider.  It has an adjustable rear target sight, a patridge style front sight and of course the ribs to mount a dot.

These are my choice also. Have them on both wad guns.
Al

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert 4/9/2023, 11:15 am

I have read here that the RR rib pushes the 42 oz weight limit (gun plus empty magazine) if you plan on also using it for EIC matches.

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis 4/9/2023, 9:19 pm

hengehold wrote:Is there a benefit to using a rib sight instead of a separate front and rear sight?

Perhaps it is a little easier to mount since it just needs to have a couple holes drilled and tapped?
The Bomar rib (and I presume the Aristocrat) will add weight which softens the recoil impulse.  They are a big chuck of steel mounted to the slide. A red dot scope mounted to the slide will give you the same effect.  This will help your recovery during sustained fire.  There is a scope Mount that uses the same screw pattern as the Bomar rib so you could start with one and add the dot later.  
The Rock River combo rib is a newer technology that incorporates both the irons sights (which are built in to the rail) plus has the groves for mounting a scope.  With this rail, you can mount a scope and take it off whenever you want and use the iron sights. It’s the best product out there if you are considering both or are on the fence about whether you would want open sights or a dot.  I like the Old School Cool look of the Bomar (Plus I don’t shoot dots anymore) so that’s why I chose that but the Rock River rail is a better choice for versatility. 

John

Last edited by John Dervis on 4/9/2023, 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

John Dervis

Al likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down