Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walther CSP new pistol

+2
mspingeld
Froneck
6 posters

Go down

Walther CSP new pistol Empty Walther CSP new pistol

Post by Froneck 4/8/2023, 10:13 pm

Has anyone seen the new Walther CSP pistol or know what dealer has them? Interested to know if the trigger was improved. Trigger does look larger in the photos.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Walther CSP new pistol Empty Re: Walther CSP new pistol

Post by mspingeld 4/9/2023, 7:26 am

I wrote to them asking about availability in the US.

Response:

"We are sorry but the expert guns are not allowed in the US as they have no safety with the expert trigger.  

Thank you,
Paul Speer
Gun Tech
Walther Arms, Inc."

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 4/9/2023, 12:59 pm

Hopefully they will add a safety to get around import restrictions. Any kind of safety no matter how inconvenient it is will work since competition shooters never use the safety.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 4/9/2023, 1:30 pm

If I understand it correct they need a safety to import in bulk. However, individual small imports are feasible as is. Maybe I am wrong, but I had a Pardini SP new with no safety and whitnessed some other no safety pistols for sale in US.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 4/9/2023, 2:28 pm

His comment confused me since the last item in the list of features is "manual safety".

Last edited by mspingeld on 4/9/2023, 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 4/9/2023, 2:56 pm

Maybe Paul Speer is thinking the 208 type safety is needed. I'll look again at the features. Maybe e-mail him back and ask why manual safety is not good enough. Maybe the gun was designed to replace the 208 on the market but safety was overlooked so it was upgraded in the listing and soon available. It does look like the rear sight is on the slide. Actually the 208 style pistol was a Walther design. I'm thinking the safetyless pistols were imported prior to a import up-grade. Hammerli had to add the safety to the 208. Quite a while ago I purchased a BritArms .22 that had no safety. It's really stupid the red dots can't be exported yet 99% of them are made out of the country.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by tomd999 4/9/2023, 9:41 pm

Hiya,

I would call Earl’s Repair Service, he’s my go-to for Walther stuff, he should be able to give you the straight dope on availability in the US. It’s odd that Walther is concerned with a safety, none of my Walther GSP/OSP’s had a safety.
http://www.carlwalther.com/page1.htm

tomd999

sig 99 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 4/10/2023, 10:22 am

I talked to Earl's repair service. He actually knew nothing about the CSP and said there was no such gun, I then directed him to the Wather site that listed the gun. If it become available in the USA he will contact me. I was told the new GSP is with BATF and they are dragging their feet. Maybe the CSP is in there too. However he didn't know anything about it. I told him he should contact Walther as it looks very much like a 208 but with better trigger and the CSP Classic looks like a 1911 and will be popular with shooters like me and Adam that want the one gun feel as provided by the .22 conversions. I guess if you really want one simply go to the Rio Grand, see Poncho and put your order in.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 4/10/2023, 7:12 pm

I was thinking the CSP is a rebadged XESSE without the Hammerli name on it and a different color slide. Relatively new and haven't seen them advertised.

The GSP500 is what I haven't seen statewide yet and ws announced sometime back.

Sc0

Ray Dash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 4/10/2023, 7:16 pm

Very strange. The parts diagram for the CSP clearly shows the same safety as the X-esse (part 26), along with an optional IPSC-style quick action safety (#61).

https://carl-walther.com/_default_upload_bucket/Ersatzteilzeichnung-Partsdrawing%20CSP_a_2.pdf
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 12/2/2023, 11:13 am

Still haven't seen these advertised, but have seen the newer XESSE with the black slides advertised. After checking the CSP parts diagram I need to disassemble my XESSE to check a trigger spring and plunger assembly, I think I just had a spring without the plunger installed in mine?

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down