Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tandemquartsen

+8
Buzz
Froneck
troystaten
John Dervis
SingleActionAndrew
popchevy
Pinetree
Mulenga
12 posters

Go down

Tandemquartsen Empty Tandemquartsen

Post by Mulenga Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:53 pm

Hi! New to bullseye, and I am looking into getting a second .22 so I can have a backup pistol if ever needed. Noticed that I could build a tandemquartsen by combining a Tandemkross Kraken lower with a Volquartsen Mamba upper. Would such a setup be a good option for bullseye? Thanks in advance! --Eddie in NJ

Mulenga

Back to top Go down

Tandemquartsen Empty Re: Tandemquartsen

Post by Pinetree Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:41 pm

Sounds expensive. You could buy a Ruger MK IV and kit it out with Volquartsen parts, or try to find a S&W M41.

You don't have to go off the deep end to shoot this sport/hobby, and remember.. the best accessory for your gun is more ammo.

Pinetree
Pinetree

djperry2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mulenga Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:13 pm

Cool. Yeah, I’m currently using a Buck Mark, which has turned into my favorite pistol to shoot so far (except for the cleaning part). Was thinking about giving a Ruger Mark IV a try as you suggest, but found myself wondering if a souped-up Mark IV clone, in the spirit of “buy once cry once,” might be worthwhile…

Mulenga

Back to top Go down

Post by popchevy Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:23 pm

“buy once cry once,”      Buy a Hammerli,  I really like my X-esse

popchevy

Arthur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:28 pm

The target audience for those parts aren't us bullseye shooters. I don't think you're going to see a meaningful benefit over your buck mark or a ruger mkii-iii. You're not looking for a ported compensator in this sport or whatever else these parts offer. If your goal is buy once cry once I would consider an upgrade from the mark platform.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:28 pm

Rugers are good guns but so is your Buckmark and I would consider them to be equals.  I used one for quite a few years when I started and I still have it as a third gun.  There are steps up if you want to go there but these guns will take you to Master class.  The guns / parts you are looking at aren’t really geared towards bullseye but rather geared towards speed shooting type competition. It’s not to say they are bad but the features they have don’t help much for our sport.  
I would suggest buying more ammo and training more will move you ahead faster than new equipment.

Good luck.
John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:46 pm

Just my opinion but if you are serious about having backup guns the backups should be the same as the primary guns.  That being said I tend to think unless you are shooting matches at a really high level I would skip the backup gun and spend the money on more ammo and more range time.  A good 22 will run on SV ammo for many 10's of thousands of rounds without major issues.  Now if you just want another 22 then by all means find or build what you like.

troystaten

BE Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:56 pm

Accuracy of most .22 pistols are the same, less than 1" at 50 yards. But the better High end guns a very reliable. The big thing with the high end .22 pistols is the trigger that is adjustable. Some more than others. This allows the shooter to adjust the trigger to his trigger finger that is very important to good shooting. Simply put buy the best you can afford it will help in learning the skills needed to shoot an accurate shot and your classification will increase. Those shooting below 85% of perfect score are Marksman (765 in a 900 match) the goal of every competition is to reach High Master.
 In addition the high end pistols are much easier to sell and maintain their market value if at some time you decide to sell your guns.

Froneck

troystaten likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzz Fri May 12, 2023 7:43 am

Mulenga wrote:Hi! New to bullseye, and I am looking into getting a second .22 so I can have a backup pistol if ever needed. Noticed that I could build a tandemquartsen by combining a Tandemkross Kraken lower with a Volquartsen Mamba upper. Would such a setup be a good option for bullseye? Thanks in advance! --Eddie in NJ
Upgrade to Tandemkross parts and use a RUger MK3

Buzz

Back to top Go down

Tandemquartsen Empty In Bullseye Precision Pistol Shooting You CANNOT Buy Points

Post by Roddy Toyota Sat May 13, 2023 11:40 pm

Hi,

John D is quite correct when he says that your best bang for the buck is more .22 ammo.  If you have "deep pockets" and can afford a Pardini .22 and one of my 1911 .45's,  then I say go for it.  But check the NRA National Outdoor Records for .22 in the Grand Senior Category.  An unbroken record there is an 885-43X.  The pistol that Melvin fired at this Seattle Regional, was a basically stock Ruger 22/45 pistol!!!! It's ALL ABOUT the shooter and not the equipment.

Cheers,
Roddy
Roddy Toyota
Roddy Toyota

chopper and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sun May 14, 2023 12:46 am

I agree with Roddy.  Buy a good quality pistol but it doesn’t have to be a European ($$$$) fancy pistol.  All that is needed is reliability and a good trigger.  Then go shoot the rifling out of it.  So buy an inexpensive pistol and a truckload of ammo.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Sun May 14, 2023 1:02 am

Ruger 22/45 mark 4 bull barrel with a Ruger scope rail and a 1" Ultradot is my "entry level to Master" gun of choice. Send it to Roddy to get an excellent trigger. Order several cases of CCI or Aguila and shoot, shoot, shoot!

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Sun May 14, 2023 6:27 am

RoyDean wrote:Ruger 22/45 mark 4 bull barrel with a Ruger scope rail and a 1" Ultradot is my "entry level to Master" gun of choice. Send it to Roddy to get an excellent trigger. Order several cases of CCI or Aguila and shoot, shoot, shoot!
What he said... Tandemquartsen 3064385617 . and dry fire, dry fire, dry fire.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum