Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm the new guy!

+3
SmokinNJokin
onlylead
chef50
7 posters

Go down

I'm the new guy! Empty I'm the new guy!

Post by chef50 Wed 26 Apr 2023, 1:02 pm

Hi all, Steve in Tenn, new to the Bullseyes sport, looking forward to giving it a try. Retired auto worker  (Ford) wife and i love metal detecting, painting, she's a total backyard farmer/gardener. Drop a line anytime. I'll be shooting a new S&W SW1911 E-Series 45ACP and a S&W 22A

chef50

farmboy, ric1911a1, dieselguy624 and shanneba like this post

Back to top Go down

I'm the new guy! Empty Re: I'm the new guy!

Post by onlylead Wed 26 Apr 2023, 3:37 pm

Welcome aboard! I'm in Amarillo Tx

onlylead

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin Wed 26 Apr 2023, 10:43 pm

Welcome, fair warning bullseye may become an obsession! Its a great social activity and also an excuse to collect and tinker with expensive toys. Oh and you will become a better shot as well!
If you are close to columbia, theres a big 2700 held each month there in the summer. Good match!

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Thu 27 Apr 2023, 12:05 am

Welcome to the list. I think you’ll find it’s addicting mastering this sport.  Good luck.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Thu 27 Apr 2023, 1:52 am

Welcome Steve, where do you live in TN? I'm in Cookeville.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by chef50 Thu 27 Apr 2023, 9:04 am

Thanks for the welcome!!!  I'm in Winchester, home of Dinah Shore!!  Columbia is just down the road from Lewisberg where I shop for all the guns I don't need...lol  I just picked up a new S&W SW1911 E-Series in 45acp and a S&W 22A. I have a S&W Model 10 that I'm getting back in shape.

chef50

Back to top Go down

Post by chef50 Thu 27 Apr 2023, 9:06 am

Are there any Bullseye matches in my area that I can go and see, I know I'll enjoy it.

chef50

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Thu 27 Apr 2023, 12:39 pm

Columbia is home to Nashville Matchmasters which is a club with a good bit of history but matches have been getting smaller by the year. A few of us still shoot monthly club matches when we have enough interest. Next month's match is supposed to be a Regional 3 day match, I sometimes shoot the "short course" only on Friday instead of all 3 days. I would have to see what the status of this match is, the majority of the attendees to these Regional and State matches are from the AMU and All Guard teams, their attendance often depends on funding which isn't as good a democrat in office. The next monthly club match would be June. You might just start out shooting 22 so you can get a feel for the process of the match without the intimidation and frustration of 180 rounds of 45acp. 

https://www.magnusbullets.com/nashville-match-masters-gun-club/

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by chef50 Thu 27 Apr 2023, 2:16 pm

Hey Zane, checked out the Magnus site...A1...Thanks!! Do you go to the shoots?  I have relations in Sparta, just down the hill from you, Cheery Creek Rd.  I'm in Winchester myself.

chef50

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Thu 27 Apr 2023, 4:37 pm

In previous years I've shot nearly every match, haven't been shooting as much since COVID but plan to get back. I'm on the south side of Cookeville near Cherry Creek. We have a small range called Bend of the River on the north side of Cookeville, we shoot Sunday afternoon matches from about 1-5:30. If you want come shoot with us some time and combine with a visit with your relatives. I'll PM you my email address.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by chef50 Thu 27 Apr 2023, 5:48 pm

Pretty cool!!! I need 5 post before I can do PRIVATE messaging, that should be this one. I'll send my phone and email info then. My wife loves playing Sunday afternoon poker with the ladies after they go to church, perfect timing for me to get up your way. Let me ask you this...I have a line on a K22 made in 1951, has the orginal barrel and has a target barrel on it at the moment...any idea what it might be worth??  It's a beauty...asking $1200, just about sure I'll get it. So.....please let me know when your group shoots again and I'll head up that way. Thanks, Steve in Winchester.

chef50

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Thu 27 Apr 2023, 9:11 pm

Are you looking at the K22 for matches or collecting. Shooting bullseye with a revolver is much more difficult than a semi auto. Price on them vary greatly due to condition, original  box, stocks, barrel length and target hammer and trigger.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

I'm the new guy! Empty Bullseye Matches at River Bend Gun Club in Dawsonville, GA

Post by David Donley Sat 29 Apr 2023, 12:21 pm

Welcome!  We shoot bullseye once a month from March thru October at River Bend in Dawsonville, GA. Will be glad to have you shoot with us anytime. Our next match is Saturday, May 20 at 10:00am. Feel free to contact me regarding bullseye.

Best regards,

David Donley
Match Director
Attachments
I'm the new guy! Attachment
2023 RBGC Program.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(126 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Last edited by David Donley on Sat 29 Apr 2023, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : attach pdf)

David Donley

Back to top Go down

Post by ermakevin Sun 30 Apr 2023, 2:31 pm

welcome Steve you have just joined a great community and you living in a very nice gun friendly state you will be able to pick up any type of target pistol out there. when you are ready just ask if anyone has a starter bullseye pistol for sale. best of luck, its really a lot of fun.
ermakevin
ermakevin

Hawkja likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chef50 Sun 30 Apr 2023, 2:49 pm

Thanks Erm, I'll be starting out with a S&W 22A-1

chef50

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum