Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMP Winchester T22 Surplus 2023

3 posters

Go down

CMP Winchester T22 Surplus 2023 Empty CMP Winchester T22 Surplus 2023

Post by Chase Turner 5/21/2023, 4:28 pm

Hello,

I recently attended the 101 Marksmanship/M9 class put on by the CMP and the AMU at the Talladega Marksmanship park. I enjoyed the class, and it was the first time shooting an M9 for me- a very chonky pistol, but was fun to shoot.

After the day was done, I picked up a brick of the recently available surplus T22 Winchester 22 Long Rifle ammo. I got a chance to try it this weekend, and can report:

1) It worked in two Nygord-era Pardinis
2) It worked in a High Standard
3) Each shot felt consistent with the other in the hand
4) The ammo may be a little on the warm side; naturally, this depends on the brand/lot of ammo you compare it to.

I don't know that it is a steal at the price, but I didn't feel like I overpaid. Of course, you can't purchase a full case, so that may put some people off from purchasing this ammo. However, it worked fine in a limited test of one box from the brick in three different guns. So, if you are on the fence about picking some of this ammo up, hopefully some of the observations I am sharing here will help you make up your mind.

Thanks,
Chase

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

CMP Winchester T22 Surplus 2023 Empty Re: CMP Winchester T22 Surplus 2023

Post by Allen Barnett 5/21/2023, 9:07 pm

if this is the old white box T22 Winchester, we always called it "may pop" ammo has it had a bad habit of misfires!

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 5/21/2023, 10:28 pm

This is a bit different than the old “white box” 22LR. This appears to be commercial T22 but packed in cases marked with military markings.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down