Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toz-35m Free Pistol front sight

3 posters

Go down

Toz-35m Free Pistol front sight Empty Toz-35m Free Pistol front sight

Post by shooterer Wed May 24, 2023 2:26 pm

I would like to extend the sight radius on my Toz-35M. Would anyone know of a source in the United States for a compensator that would fit?

shooterer

Back to top Go down

Toz-35m Free Pistol front sight Empty Re: Toz-35m Free Pistol front sight

Post by Jon Eulette Wed May 24, 2023 3:28 pm

Toz barrels are not even close to being concentric with the bore. Adding a compensator will be difficult to align properly. You could have an extended front sight made to slide into the front sight recess. 
How much longer are you looking for?
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by shooterer Thu May 25, 2023 1:28 pm

About 3 1/4"", that would put the front blade a point where it would be in focus without any lens correction. I could shoot with just standard clear safety glasses.

shooterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:03 pm

Why do not not want to shoot with out any correction.  Also I am confused how 3/14" would make the diff in no correction vs a little correction.  I know of people who did not need any correction would actually use +0.5 or +0.25 correction to help force the focus to the front sight and make it harder for them to change their focus from target to front sight.

One test you can do is to take your Toz and hold it out in front a wall so the muzzle touches the wall.  Note the distance you are from the wall.  Take a page of printed text and past it too the wall.  Does it look clear and read able?  I would be surprised if you noticed any difference if you moved back 3 1/4".  It sounds like you calculated this measurement.  As you get older you may want to keep moving this out and you will soon find you are going to have to accept you just need some correction and then it will find a happy spot and not change.

Depending what safety glasses you are using you might see some distortion which could be hurting your clear sight picture.

Over the last 5 yrs I have done lots of work playing with lenses to be able to see iron sights better as my eyesight has degraded due to age.
Toz35m
Toz35m

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down