Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Informational: If you're having Pardini GT45 Manual Safety Issues...

3 posters

Go down

Informational: If you're having Pardini GT45 Manual Safety Issues... Empty Informational: If you're having Pardini GT45 Manual Safety Issues...

Post by only_8_ring Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:55 pm

I'm the proud new (to me) owner of a Pardini GT, and I was having some issues with the manual safety. Normally I wouldn't care very much to even use the manual safety since it's purely a bullseye competition gun for me. However, some sanctioned matches require that if a manual safety exists on the gun, it must work. I couldn't find a solution googling for the problem. In the interest of helping anyone else who runs into this issue, I thought I'd post the solution on here. 

Correct state: Safety will engage only when hammer is back, just as with a 1911. 
Symptom: Pardini GT45 (or other model of GT) manual safety will not engage at all, even with the hammer back. Manual safety can move partially, maybe halfway between "off" detent position and "on" detent position. 
Cause: The sear is not engaging the hammer fully enough, causing it to not move enough out of the way for the manual safety to block it. Usually, a protruding nub internal to the manual safety rotates to block the sear from physically moving out of engagement with the hammer. This is usually caused by someone (like me) turning "Screw 4" to far clockwise while adjusting the trigger.

Solution: Remove your right side grip and turn "Screw 4" counterclockwise to allow the sear to engage more fully with the hammer surface. This will allow the safety to properly rotate to block the sear. 

Informational: If you're having Pardini GT45 Manual Safety Issues... YPFkPIY

only_8_ring

JRV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Informational: If you're having Pardini GT45 Manual Safety Issues... Empty Re: Informational: If you're having Pardini GT45 Manual Safety Issues...

Post by impalanut Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:09 pm

thanks so much
i just got a gt45 a few weeks ago. it worked well for 50 rounds at the range and then 100 dry fires and then this happened. Hopefully this is the fix. The gun is now at the gunsmith, dropped off today, maybe nothing really needed.
did you win one of the last few that were on gunbroker last week?

impalanut

Back to top Go down

Informational: If you're having Pardini GT45 Manual Safety Issues... Empty Re: Informational: If you're having Pardini GT45 Manual Safety Issues...

Post by only_8_ring Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:05 am

No, I bought one used from a shooter I know from local matches. It's a dream! I'm all set up to start taking the GT out to leagues and matches once I zero the red dot. My one gripe is I wish the first stage force of the trigger was adjustable, but I guess you can't have it all (like the SP).

only_8_ring

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:30 am

Haven't run into this particular issue but I'll make sure to keep an eye out for it if it happens, thanks for the tip. What I do notice though is that the screw holding in the safety backs itself out fairly quickly over any period of use. In lieu of putting Loctite on it I just keep my screwdriver kit around and tighten it every hundred shots or so.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down