Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graco Brass Catcher

5 posters

Go down

Graco Brass Catcher Empty Graco Brass Catcher

Post by Orion 6/26/2023, 9:48 pm

Has anyone used this brass catcher before? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/111526997604?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=QnT0CVhRR96&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ejcLlx6qT4W&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Amanda4461 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Graco Brass Catcher Empty Re: Graco Brass Catcher

Post by djperry2 6/26/2023, 11:16 pm

I have never used the Graco brass catcher but have seen others use them at matches and they seemed to work pretty well. I could not find a Graco a few years ago and got a Caldwell like lower in this listing. It does not work as well as I observed the Graco did. Cases like to bounce out of the Caldwell if not tilted up a little.
The Graco has sort of a pouch in the back to capture cases better.  It also has a larger opening for cases to hit.
Right now I am trying a rolled up towel in the front in an attempt to keep brass inside my Caldwell.

Wish I had held out for the Graco.

Darrell

djperry2

Back to top Go down

Graco Brass Catcher Empty I'll have to let you know

Post by Randy_D 6/27/2023, 6:57 pm

I bought one but have not tried it yet, the last match I shot was in Phonix and the club has brass catchers so I figured no sense lugging it along.  My fellow Tucson shooter Ron did bring his and used it in the match but wouldn't you know it I forgot to ask on the drive back to Tucson.  Maybe he'll see this post and chime in or if I remember I will ask him at work tomorrow and follow up.  I can tell you it is fairly large and appears well made and stable on a tripod, company was quick to ship and I bought it off ebay, you can also order direct as well.

Randy

Randy_D

Orion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Graco Brass Catcher Empty Follow up

Post by Randy_D 6/28/2023, 6:40 pm

I asked Ron and he said in practice it worked 100%, at the match not quite as well but no fault of the catcher.  We all know there is an art to positioning them, something I have failed to master much like shooting.  I am hoping to try mine over the 4th, I hope this information helps.

Randy

Randy_D

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 7/1/2023, 3:53 pm

I just received mine. I have a CMM Shooting Sports brass catcher that I use at matches where I have room for it. However at my outdoor club the concrete shooting tables are designed for rifle shooters'. I bought this brass catcher because it's made to attach to a tripod. There is not room for my CMM catcher when I'm ransom rest testing with my Labrador and spotting scope. It has about twice the area of my CMM. It catches everything. For those wanting to use a small tripod for bench top use you will have some problems. It is very top heavy and any wind will knock it over. It needs a heavy base to give it any chance in the wind.Graco Brass Catcher Img_2910

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmysix 7/1/2023, 4:39 pm

pawn shops, craigs list look for a microphone stand, nice small heavy base should be able to have more then enuff height adjustment.
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by djperry2 7/1/2023, 5:20 pm

A microphone stand would be good. I am now trying a light/umbrella stand used for photography. Will see how it works next range trip.
Darrell

djperry2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down