Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig Trailside

3 posters

Go down

Sig Trailside  Empty Sig Trailside

Post by rich.tullo 7/15/2023, 11:26 am

When did they redesign a trigger bar? Has to at least 25 Years ago right?
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Sig Trailside  Empty Re: Sig Trailside

Post by jglenn21 7/16/2023, 3:54 am

If you are referring  to the change in trigger bar springs, that was a new feature on the Xesse if memory serves
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 7/16/2023, 7:31 am

jglenn21 wrote:If you are referring  to the change in trigger bar springs, that was a new feature on the Xesse if memory serves
I think the change happed prior to the changeover. I have seen a trial side with the new style bar.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 7/16/2023, 12:25 pm

interesting..  I dang near converted my wifes trailside to the new spring until I finally got that little original spring to work in her pistol..
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by mprince 12/13/2023, 2:01 pm

jglenn21 wrote:interesting..  I dang near converted my wifes trailside to the new spring until I finally got that little original spring to work in her pistol..

I have been searching the forum to try to figure out the issue of the trigger bar spring slipping off the bar occasionally and in another post I saw that you had reverenced 

the plastic cover for the trigger bar spring

I am pretty sure this will solve my issue as well as I just need something to keep it in place.  My new X-Esse has the newer style spring, but this older model only has the frame recess for the older style spring so i cannot go to the flat spring version without machining the frame for the new recess that it sits in.

Is there any way you can post of picture of this plastic cover?  I never had the grips for the older model and currently have the 1911 grip adapter on both of them, so if the original grips had  some type of spacer that prevented this from happening, I have no clue what it looks like.

Thanks in advance.

mprince

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 12/13/2023, 5:10 pm

Sig Trailside  20231210

Lucky I was in the shop. Her problem was trying to use some xesse grips on a trailside. It would not cover the old style  spring so I cut the plastic to go around the insert piece of the grip and cover the spring
jglenn21
jglenn21

rkansas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mprince 12/13/2023, 6:57 pm

Awesome.  Thanks for doing that.

mprince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content