Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9mm Distinguished Medals

+12
Brian Mason
Merick
Neil308
TonyH
james r chapman
Cmysix
brassmaster
Rush223
Axehandle
Wobbley
chiz1180
BE Mike
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

9mm Distinguished Medals - Page 2 Empty 9mm Distinguished Medals

Post by Axehandle 11/8/2023, 8:59 am

First topic message reminder :

I still remember the old heads whining when they started using the Beretta 92 for Leg Matches.  One said, "The distinguished metal should be smaller if won with a 9mm." Smile   

Back then the services had their own specific set of rules.   I believe the USMC had the most restrictions.  I understood that their regulation specified specific USMC matches where the points must be won.   My USAF memory says, only one State championship, only one regional leg and the remainder at higher levels.  The Army recognized points from the Combat match.  THE USAF recognized one combat leg. 

The rules for the gun was the same for everyone.

9mm Distinguished Medals - Page 2 9zqBZ19
9mm Distinguished Medals - Page 2 EUM7nG9

Last edited by james r chapman on 11/13/2023, 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling giving me sleepless nights.)

Axehandle

kc.crawford.7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

9mm Distinguished Medals - Page 2 Empty Re: 9mm Distinguished Medals

Post by Colt711 11/24/2023, 10:46 pm

Brian Mason wrote:My EIC scores immediately went up about 10 points on average when I switched from 230GR ball in a 1911 to an M9. This was after I legged out and before the change to any jacketed ammo.
I experienced similiar results. Same gun and in the day when the ammo was issued.  

We do complain too much about changes, BUT: we should all be shooting the same ammo as others (in the same caliber). Just to keep it as even as practical.

None of my comments are made to disparage later awards!

Ron Habegger

Colt711

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle 11/27/2023, 6:43 am

Makes me think of the old hot/cold, wet/dry, windy/calm arguments.  We could say that the competition for a given day should be pretty much equal.  Then I remember a leg day in the early 80s, the last time the Army Area match was held at Ft Meade Maryland.  So cold the on the first relay my fingers could hardly load the magazine.  Thought I had it bad until a little later, sitting at Lums with a cup of coffee, I could see the range flag in the distance, snapping in the wind.. Shocked

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2