Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bo-Mar Accuracy Tuner

+4
jchurch
Foundryratjim
chopper
Alfa Fan
8 posters

Go down

Bo-Mar Accuracy Tuner Empty Bo-Mar Accuracy Tuner

Post by Alfa Fan Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:34 pm

I just picked up a pair of .38 wadcutter converted 1911's from a friend at my range.  One of them has a Bo-Mar Accuracy Tuner on it.  I took off the Bo-Mar rib to replace it with a Clark rail to mount a red dot.  I had to remove the Tuner and wanted to know how to set it again.  I initially locked it up into battery and screwed the forward screw down then backed off 1/4 turn then tightened down the rearward screw.  I think that is how it is set but not sure.

Can anyone let me know the correct way of setting the Accuracy Tuner?

Alfa Fan

Back to top Go down

Bo-Mar Accuracy Tuner Empty Re: Bo-Mar Accuracy Tuner

Post by chopper Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:57 pm

call Clark they will tell you how.

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:48 pm

chopper wrote:call Clark they will tell you how.
What does this tuner do for a pistol?

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:42 pm

It helps barrel lock-up. I'm thinking you're very close to the correct way of setting the tuner.

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfa Fan Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:50 pm

Thanks.  I didn't know Clark's sold them.  I'll call them this week.

Alfa Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jchurch Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:46 pm

Can you please post the response here?  I'd like to adjust mine as well.

Jim

jchurch

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfa Fan Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:14 pm

I called Clark and the Tech said it's a very simple adjustment.  With the barrel in battery, loosen both the front and rear screws, tighten the front screw so it pushes down on the barrel hood, then tighten the rear screw down tight.  Check to see if the slide works freely.  If not, back out the front screw slightly and tighten the rear screw until the slide works freely without any binding.  That's all there is to it.

Now I understand what Jon Eulette was saying about how guns with a tuner only achieve about 48% lockup.  The tuner holds the barrel in place consistently but it does so by holding the barrel in place when the barrel link is holding the barrel as high as possible.  If the barrel link was longer and the barrel fitted to the slide it would attain full lock up.

Let me know if I have it wrong.

Alfa Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:18 pm

The barrel link should not be holding the barrel up in the slide upper lugs to lock it up. The barrel lower lugs should be firmly contacting the slide stop pin when in full lockup.
DA/SA
DA/SA

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfa Fan Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:36 pm

Thanks DA/SA for the clarification

Alfa Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:27 am

I have a wad gun with a tuner and if it isn't pretty clean under the tuner at the barrel contact, it starts stringing vertically and occasionally locks the slide tight during dry firing.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by randy86314 Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:27 pm

The tuner seems like a good idea to some of us. You can fit the barrel quickly without fiddling too much with the slide stop pins and lug cutters. My concern has been uneven contact of the two tips (for lack of better word) of the tuner that touch the barrel hood. Just above, EdHall commented that crud between tuner and hood can create vertical patterns. Also, the hood is not centered in the slide; therefore,  the tuner is pushing down more on the right side of the hood. For best results, the tuner might should be centered on the hood. Maybe the tuner could be reshaped to contact the center of the hood. Probably overthinking this. The best solution might be to fit the bottom lugs properly for lockup.

randy86314

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:50 am

My first wad gun was a Clark accurized Colt 1911 "Heavy Slide" with accuracy tuner. When I sent it back to Clark for a tune-up, it came back with a slide guide. I still have it and have never had any trouble with it. With the right ammo, it will shoot well within the 10 ring at 50 yards and functions reliably. The only thing I did to it was replace the BoMar rib with a Clark scope mount. That being said, I don't hear many praises about Clark Custom service for bullseye pistols lately. Hope you get the accuracy tuner set correctly.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down