Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooter has left the range: Ron Wilcox

+4
straybrit
Wobbley
RodJ
john bickar
8 posters

Go down

Shooter has left the range: Ron Wilcox Empty Shooter has left the range: Ron Wilcox

Post by john bickar Sat 09 Dec 2023, 4:17 pm

Shooters,

I’m sad to report that my dear friend Ron Wilcox has passed on. Ron was a Bullseye enthusiast and great shooter; fluent in my first language (sarcasm); a lover of fast cars and everything mechanical; and very importantly, a true “enabler” for the shooting sports. He brought more n00bs to the range in any given year than I have in my lifetime.

Get your X-count up there in the sky, my friend. I’ll miss your wise counsel. I’m keeping your damn staplegun.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Shooter has left the range: Ron Wilcox Empty Re: Shooter has left the range: Ron Wilcox

Post by RodJ Sat 09 Dec 2023, 5:13 pm

It makes me sad to hear of the loss of a friend and especially someone you enjoyed competing with. May he never need a paster in heaven.

RodJ

john bickar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Shooter has left the range: Ron Wilcox Empty Re: Shooter has left the range: Ron Wilcox

Post by Wobbley Sat 09 Dec 2023, 6:07 pm

We are diminished! RIP.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by straybrit Sat 09 Dec 2023, 7:09 pm

Well crap. Ron was the guy that persuaded me to shoot actual outdoor 2700s. Put me in touch with Dave Salyer to get my 45 sorted out. I owe him a lot. Goodbye my friend.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Sat 09 Dec 2023, 8:01 pm

straybrit wrote:Well crap. Ron was the guy that persuaded me to shoot actual outdoor 2700s. Put me in touch with Dave Salyer to get my 45 sorted out. I owe him a lot. Goodbye my friend.

I (and he) told you he was an enabler!
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG Sun 10 Dec 2023, 12:35 am

Damn ....

Crying for my eyes out ...

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Sun 10 Dec 2023, 1:30 am

WesG wrote:Damn ....

Crying for my eyes out ...

Dude, I hear ya. It's "Ugly Cry City" here in Menlo Park for the past 24 hours. I don't know why this one has hit me so hard, but it has.

Grief is really f*cking weird.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG Sun 10 Dec 2023, 1:49 am

I feel it... for people I barely knew...
It's a 'growing older' thing ... ???
Miss 'all y"all ...

My Mom, passed away.not too long ago ..... my Dad ... 'circling the drain' ... LOL ... which I know he'd laugh about. ...

Gotta get back there to see him again... before...

Although I think he'll be the same .... I've known since birth ...

LOL ....

My biggest fear as a child ...

The thought of my Dad dying..

* Miss. 'All Y'all' ...

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by xmastershooter Mon 11 Dec 2023, 12:25 am

Totally shocked!

Ron was a RSO one day at Sunnyvale Rod and Gun Club, California when a friend and I were just beginning to shoot. I wanted to begin again after a 25 year break. With his friendly and supportive nature, he recommended shooting at the bi-monthly bullseye league. I did and became hooked.  Shortly after, he suggested going to Camp Perry to compete. I did and this opened a new world for me.

His time came much too early and he will be missed.

xmastershooter

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Mon 11 Dec 2023, 6:36 am

xmastershooter wrote:Totally shocked!

Ron was a RSO one day at Sunnyvale Rod and Gun Club, California when a friend and I were just beginning to shoot. I wanted to begin again after a 25 year break. With his friendly and supportive nature, he recommended shooting at the bi-monthly bullseye league. I did and became hooked.  Shortly after, he suggested going to Camp Perry to compete. I did and this opened a new world for me.

His time came much too early and he will be missed.

"Enabler"!

His enthusiasm was unmatchable.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmitch996 Mon 11 Dec 2023, 2:00 pm

I'm shocked!  A match always seemed a bit more fun when Ron was there, great sense of humor.

Bmitch996

Back to top Go down

Post by lonegunman Wed 13 Dec 2023, 2:45 pm

Well that is terrible news, damn.
lonegunman
lonegunman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down