Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF, IS IT????

2 posters

Go down

WTF, IS IT???? Empty WTF, IS IT????

Post by Cmysix 12/10/2023, 12:46 pm

My Father was a tool and die maker and an avid shooter, BE to be exact but he had quite a few rifles too, I found the in the gun side of his collections,  Engraved on this  is                                                                                        
  9/32 X 3/8 X 21/2 
             WB                                                             
       ORD 1200                                                                    Some kind of chamber tool?WTF, IS IT???? Dscn1218
WTF, IS IT???? Dscn1218WTF, IS IT???? Dscn1218WTF, IS IT???? Dscn1220
WTF, IS IT???? Dscn1219
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

WTF, IS IT???? Empty Re: WTF, IS IT????

Post by WesG 12/10/2023, 2:28 pm

Its a punch, like for a die to make holes in sheet metal. The groove in the shank is to retain it, although its a different style than I've seen.

What it would be used for gun-wise, other than a punch for driving pins out ... no idea. Not a good idea anyway, harder 'n woodpecker lips and likely to chip. And since it's hard and strong, the piece that comes off will be sharp and moving fast. Had a fragment like that in my finger for years.

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmysix 12/11/2023, 4:06 am

I believe your correct, when I look at the small end it is very square and almost sharp, My father worked in the printing field, so maybe a hole punch.
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum