Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primers for 45acp

3 posters

Go down

Primers for 45acp Empty Primers for 45acp

Post by hengehold 12/15/2023, 4:01 pm

I have read the pet loads that are posted in this forum. Looks like they are recommending regular primers, nothing fancy. Has anyone noticed an improvement in accuracy with the use of match primers such as the Federal Gold Medal Match primers over the use of something like regular CCI or Remington LPP?

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Primers for 45acp Empty Re: Primers for 45acp

Post by Pinetree 12/15/2023, 4:51 pm

Short answer: No, at least not me personally. CCI, Federal, Remington.. whatever is available works for me.

Slightly longer answer: I shoot in both a summer and winter league, and can go through 5,000 primers before you know it, so for me it's a matter of consistency and price, more so than accuracy.

I daresay that there are other ways to improve the accuracy, such as lots and lots of practice, but that's a whole nother topic.

Your mileage may vary.
Pinetree
Pinetree

troystaten likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 12/15/2023, 6:50 pm

I would only add that in my experience Federal primers are the softest, thus easiest to ignite. In my observation Federal, then CCI then Winchester. This typically only matters with revolvers, when trying to get the lightest possible double action trigger weight. No experience with Remington primers.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

james r chapman, Multiracer and PhotoEscape like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down