Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerli X-Esse Adjustable Rear sight problem.

2 posters

Go down

Hammerli X-Esse Adjustable Rear sight problem.  Empty Hammerli X-Esse Adjustable Rear sight problem.

Post by Donwon8980 1/13/2024, 1:29 am

Hi everyone,

I was shooting today and I think the rear grub screw has flung out of my pistol. 

Does anyone know the correct size and spec of this part?

See pictures.

Thanks
Attachments
 Hammerli X-Esse Adjustable Rear sight problem.  Attachment
RS1.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(367 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
 Hammerli X-Esse Adjustable Rear sight problem.  Attachment
RS2.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(31 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Donwon8980

Back to top Go down

Hammerli X-Esse Adjustable Rear sight problem.  Empty Re: Hammerli X-Esse Adjustable Rear sight problem.

Post by Donwon8980 1/13/2024, 1:45 am

Now I don't know if its just busted and still in there.......

Hammerli X-Esse Adjustable Rear sight problem.  Rs310
 Hammerli X-Esse Adjustable Rear sight problem.  Rs410 know if its just busted and still in there.......

Donwon8980

Back to top Go down

Hammerli X-Esse Adjustable Rear sight problem.  Empty Re: Hammerli X-Esse Adjustable Rear sight problem.

Post by Donwon8980 1/13/2024, 2:56 am

Roll pins on the side, man Im stupid. 🤣

Donwon8980

Back to top Go down

Post by Donwon8980 1/13/2024, 3:23 am

Would anyone know what size those side roll pins are?

Donwon8980

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 1/14/2024, 12:12 pm

The setscrew is M3, 2mm long.

The pivot pins are 1.5mm diameter, 5mm long.

The sight looks to be offset significantly to the right. Looks a little bit mangled, actually. You may want to consider replacing it.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Donwon8980 1/15/2024, 5:43 am

Thanks for the reply!

Donwon8980

Back to top Go down

Post by Donwon8980 2/1/2024, 9:08 pm

I received some m1.5x5 roll pins but they wont go in no matter what. I even crushed them to 1.3mm and still don't fit. I'm confused. Is there a trick to installing them?

Donwon8980

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 2/2/2024, 4:28 pm

Yipes, I'll look again tonight, I have the sight off right now, actually.

[edit, had a chance to look before supper Smile]

I have a 1.4mm undersize punch and it nestles perfectly on top of the pin, using a loupe I can see the margin all around. I'm nearly certain the hole is 1.5mm.

Again using the loupe, the pin appears to be a Spirol. These come in 1.2mm and 1.5mm, and it's definitely not a 1.2.

I think you need two of these (unfortunately they are $75 for 1000 units): https://shop.spirol.com/item/coiled-spring-pins/standard-duty-coiled-spring-pins-metric/51434

But stepping back...

To me, it seems like trying to repair this will yield a questionable result. These pins are tough! It took quite a force to break them, both.

For $62.95, RedFeather will be a much more reliable option... https://www.redfeatheroutfitters.com/trailside-rear-sight-adjustable.html

Alternatively, these are an LPA sight, with a standard Sig dovetail. The TPU25SS07 appears to be it, although my sight is stamped "SH" on the underside, so it might be an OEM special model. There's also the TPU42SG07, nearly identical in appearance. You can find them for various prices online, but RedFeather's official part is cheaper. https://www.lpasights.com/en/products/tpu25ss07/

Good luck with the hunt! Hope this helped.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Donwon8980 2/3/2024, 7:55 pm

Thanks for your excellent and informative post!

I was shooting the gun as normal and the sight just popped up at one side. I thought a pin had fallen out, I then saw it had sheared it in two. The rear sight was never hit or anything.

Donwon8980

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down