Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to look for in Service Revolver—CA Compliant

+8
BE Mike
Rush223
toddcfii
Cmysix
troystaten
RoyDean
chiz1180
MkFiji
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What to look for in Service Revolver—CA Compliant - Page 2 Empty What to look for in Service Revolver—CA Compliant

Post by MkFiji 1/14/2024, 5:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys

Looking for a Service Revolver for EIC and I’m located in California

I’m clueless on what’s considered a service revolver as I can’t find a list to go off of.  I’ve read the rule book but aesthetics aren’t mentioned.  

1) Can I just buy any revolver as long as the barrel is 6.5” or shorter and within 9mm-45ACP?

2) The guy at the LGS said 9mm revolver isn’t very reliable and will have failure to fire due to it being rimless—what’re your thoughts on 9mm?

3) What characteristics should I be looking for when choosing a service revolver?  I only know of adjustable sight and a grip that fits well

4) There’s a thread on Service Revolver from two years ago but it looks like the S&W 14 isn’t available in CA. What Service Revolver do you recommend?

• Bullet caliber doesn’t matter to me much
• I reload
• I also don’t mind price

Thank you!

MkFiji

Back to top Go down

What to look for in Service Revolver—CA Compliant - Page 2 Empty Re: What to look for in Service Revolver—CA Compliant

Post by Axehandle 1/19/2024, 11:01 am

"I like to point to the revolvers of Jim Collins and Phillip Hemphill that hang in the NRA Museum in Fairfax.  K frame S&Ws." 

No intent to raise and hackles with my comment.  I knew Jim and Phillip also.  Not as PPC shooters but as bullseye shooters.  First met Jim when he shot with the 121st ARCOM in 1980 when I was shooting with the Alabama ANG shooting team.  Met Phillip when he would come to Birmingham to shoot at Magic City gun club.  Jim and Phillip were regulars at our registered matches.

The comment is my regular statement to shooters on the range and buyers in the store when they sing praises about their non S&W revolvers.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2