Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aimpoint 9000 scopes

5 posters

Go down

Aimpoint 9000 scopes Empty Aimpoint 9000 scopes

Post by hengehold 1/21/2024, 8:46 am

It seems that the Aimpoint 9000 scopes are used for bullseye by a few folks. I have seen some very successful shooters using them. Seems like they are unnecessary big and bulky though and a sight like the Ultra dot, Matchdot II is a comparable product with more features and less cost. 

What is it about the Aimpoint 9000 that makes it attractive for BE use? 

-Trevor

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint 9000 scopes Empty Re: Aimpoint 9000 scopes

Post by toddcfii 1/21/2024, 10:16 am

I don’t have a 9000SC but have talked to folks who do - they like the extremely clear dot and they actually like the weight of the SC as it adds weight to the forend. I have several Ultradot/Matchdot products.  I also have Aimpoint H-1s with shades. My main complaint with the Ultradot products is that the dot is generally not as clear and distinct as the Aimpoints. I didn’t even know a difference until I looked through an H-1. I have an astigmatism and assumed the blurriness of the dot was me - turns out it was the Ultradots. People also don’t like the negative magnification of the Ultradots. It never really bothered me. I have heard that there are some Ultradots that have a nice clear dot but you have to look through ten or twelve to find a good one. Not really practical unless you are sponsored by Ultradot.
toddcfii
toddcfii

Jwhelan939 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 1/21/2024, 12:20 pm

I Started with the old tasco dot. I want to say it was the psp or something like that. I really liked it, but it eventually died. I then used match dots and 1” ultra dots for years. Honestly I was never super happy with them. As mentioned, mine had a bad case of negative magnification. I moved to the h1 with Tott’s tubes and Kodiak mounts. Absolutely love these dots very clear, with a crisp dot, and the batteries last forever. But not generally easy to find anymore. I bought a used gun that came with the 9000sc. Kind of laughed at it when it came. It looks ridiculous. But it has that typical crisp and clear Aimpoint glass and balance really well on a 1911. I also really like the recoil impulse with the extra weight on the slide. The last thing I’ll say. Is that the field of view is a good amount bigger than the h1. All in all, I like the 9000sc on my 1911 and keep the h1 on my Pardini SP and HP.

Jwhelan939

hengehold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 1/21/2024, 1:41 pm

In my experience, 9000's are more reliable than the Matchdots and the battery life is significantly better. The clarity of the glass is better and more consistent optic to optic. I like the larger front of the 9000, I find it lets more light in when shooting in dim conditions. They are a bit heavier, but that can be both a pro and a con depending on specific application.

I still have a few matchdots, and honestly don’t use any of the features that are more unique to them. I pretty much leave the reticle at the smallest dot.
I also have a H1 and a couple clones and still vastly prefer the 9000.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold 1/21/2024, 4:35 pm

Is the parallax particularly good on the 9000?

I read an old article that compared parallax on dot sights. The Matchdot performed particularly well in that test compared to other brands/models.

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 1/21/2024, 4:37 pm

I've been using 9000SC's for years. I like the weight on a slide mount wadcutter, helps tame the recoil, won't work on 38sp guns though. The optics are the best, matchdots are never true 1x and that bothers me. They are also very reliable.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down