Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kart Conversion Recoil Spring

3 posters

Go down

Kart Conversion Recoil Spring Empty Kart Conversion Recoil Spring

Post by Darrell Cox 2/23/2024, 6:47 am

I recently purchased a 6” Kart .22 conversion. It misfires frequently. Firing pin is fine, it’s clean, and nothing broke. 
The recoil spring seems weak and it looks short. 
Anyone know what the spring weight/rate should be? I called Kart, no one remembers but they did say springs (with different rates) are from Wolff.

Darrell Cox

Back to top Go down

Kart Conversion Recoil Spring Empty Re: Kart Conversion Recoil Spring

Post by 1911-45 2/23/2024, 8:18 am

I have same issues. I bought kit from Wolf and still does not function with SV. CCI mini mags run maybe 90% of the time. If I can't get it figured out I will be selling it!

1911-45

Back to top Go down

Post by 8eightring 2/23/2024, 9:46 am

I run a 4 to 4 1/2 lb recoil spring in my Kart with standard velocity ammo. Also, I have found the unit to be ammo sensitive. One other thing I found is that the unit does not play well with standard 1911 firing pin springs. I found a lighter weight firing pin spring in my stash and that did wonders for ignition reliability. I purchased the Kart used so I don't know what the factory original firing pin spring was. This is all in conjunction with an 18 lb hammer spring.
Your mileage may vary.
8eightring
8eightring

Darrell Cox likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down