Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMM Brass Catcher compression nut replacement?

5 posters

Go down

CMM Brass Catcher compression nut replacement? Empty CMM Brass Catcher compression nut replacement?

Post by RodJ Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:37 pm

Im going to sell my brass catcher, but I've lost the compression nut that allows height adjustment.  CMM has them for cheap but they wont drop it in an envelope.  Shipping will triple the price to $15(!)

Has anyone found a suitable replacement at a hardware store? Best I can tell the post is 7/16" coarse threads but ive not confirmed.

Thanks for any ideas.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

CMM Brass Catcher compression nut replacement? Empty Re: CMM Brass Catcher compression nut replacement?

Post by Jwhelan939 Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:07 pm

Pm sent

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

CMM Brass Catcher compression nut replacement? Empty Re: CMM Brass Catcher compression nut replacement?

Post by TAB Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:00 am

Give them a call. They worked with me on a similar issue when I needed replacement ferrules.

Good folks to deal with.

TAB

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:43 am

Thanks, I had already called, that's why i posted the question. I had previously needed the plastic bits and called to save postage. But this time they said the metal compression fitting would need a small flat rate box.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WillH Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:43 pm

The CMM brass catcher is great but I believe the nylon compression sleeve and nut is a less than ideal design. It seems prone to wear and failure.  I removed mine and drilled and tapped a hole (about 2" from the end) to accept a 1/4-20 threaded screw with a wing nut on the end.  This works a lot better IMO and won't wear out.
WillH
WillH

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:38 pm

Dunno if these will interchange exactly, but I believe the concept at least was copied from a Poly-Flo fitting….

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/polyflofittings.php?clickkey=3007844
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:56 pm

Many thanks - some one has asked to take it off my hands, but this is helpful. I like the idea of a set screw modification to the design.

Smart people hang out around this place!

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down